Author Topic: Avast errors, crashing services since this morning  (Read 10140 times)

REDACTED

Re: Avast errors, crashing services since this morning
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2018, 05:26:49 PM »
Problem has been solved! Everything seems to be ok!  :) :) :)

REDACTED

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2018, 06:22:08 PM »
I have Windows 7, Avast Internet Security, on my laptop. Am asked for a password everytime I want to scan or go to any site I need to log in, box appears asking me if I want to save PW associated with that particular log in, I click OK, enter the PW I had for Avast, for the last few days = ???
Message keeps telling me it's wrong = ?? So I changed it... Still tells me it's wrong PW !!!

Used to love Avast when it was free, simple, now it costs a bomb with all additives... Very confusing, time consuming, they're losing my custom soon. Will either go back to free version or some other antivirus altogether.
Anyone has any idea why it's playing up ?
Am savvy but no techie ... Electronics drive me nuts !  :o ::) ???
Thanks for any help.

REDACTED

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2018, 06:25:57 PM »
Hi,

After actualization process AvastSvc.exe hasn't restart for 1 hour. It looks the problem has been repaired. I hope so! :)

-- Edit --

Definitely Avast now working properly. Thanks for fast solution!

Regards,
Dimatheus
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 11:27:41 PM by Dimatheus »

REDACTED

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2018, 11:30:43 PM »
Brilliant.  The problem has been solved for several hours now.  All back to normal.  Well done, Avast. 
The response was quicker than I expected.

REDACTED

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2018, 07:17:46 AM »
Yep!! Everything's back to normal... Well done gentlemen!  ;)

Offline Applepie_cobbler

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2018, 09:34:54 AM »
Yep!! Everything's back to normal... Well done gentlemen!  ;)
It would be quite useful for all concerned if there were some explanation of the cause of this problem.

I have just started up my desktop W7 system, and, for the first time ever, I see in the Event Viewer an Application Error for chrome.exe, which is a prefetch in my startups with this entry:-

Yes   HKCU:Run   CFA4BAFF5696A87DDBFEBDBB843936345DB9A8D9._service_run   Google Inc.   "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --type=service /prefetch:8

Thus, the chrome prefetch isn't running on my machine as it would normally be.

I have previously noted in threads on this problem that killing this running entry from Task Manager caused Avast to crash immediately with the error that has bedevilled us recently. I have no idea whether this was just coincidence, or whether the previously-unseen Application Error on chrome.exe I describe above is somehow connected to the Avast fix to solve the UI/Avast service problem.

It would be good to know a bit more about this whole thing. I am never happy with "fixes" which involve fresh installs and so forth, and they remind me of the standard useless Microsoft response whereby the inevitable "shot in the dark" blind recommendation for fixing unexplained problems was a clean reinstallation of Windows!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2018, 09:42:38 AM »
It would be quite useful for all concerned if there were some explanation of the cause of this problem.
Hi, the crashes were related to HNS (Wi-Fi Inspector).
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Applepie_cobbler

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2018, 09:49:28 AM »
Hi, the crashes were related to HNS (Wi-Fi Inspector).

Thanks for that information, which is all I wanted to know. It's far more useful and reassuring to the end-users and paid-up customers such as myself than the bare "it was a problem and we've fixed it" explanation. It also helps me in tracking down my new chrome error.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2018, 09:50:55 AM »
You're welcome.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2018, 10:54:20 AM »
Have to say Good job Avast team, didnt expect problem to be solved so fast at all. Now im disapointed i wasted whole day searching for alternatives, should have just left avast and wait few days. Oh well going back to Avast for sure soon as i get some time.
Cheers!

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2018, 01:12:56 PM »

Thanks for that information, which is all I wanted to know. It's far more useful and reassuring to the end-users and paid-up customers such as myself than the bare "it was a problem and we've fixed it" explanation. It also helps me in tracking down my new chrome error.
Totally agree with you
the management of the UI remote is quite strange enough  to get some information when it does not work properly after an update.