Author Topic: Goodbye  (Read 59748 times)

Staind

Re: Goodbye
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2006, 11:37:57 PM »
The antivirus from Comodo is currently a BETA product.

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2006, 12:42:31 AM »
Don't worry Justin1278 will come back crying onto the Avast Anti-virus software soon, and he/she will admit Avast has got a much better range over Comodo Anti-virus product.

I have seen a lot people choosing different product sooner or later he/she will know what to choose, and it like going to an area when choosing the product base on agree to disagree.

Just wait a while Justin1278 he/she will come back ;D cause avast is great and the people of the forum is a big avast family.
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v23.11.6090 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

mike6688

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2006, 12:55:19 AM »
The antivirus from Comodo is currently a BETA product.

The only reason it's classed as a beta product is because as of yet it does not have all required definitions.  This will change over the coming weeks until it is ready for full release.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2006, 01:16:22 AM »
Product as interface and everytghing connected with it is file. Engine and sigantures however are never final in AV world.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Staind

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2006, 01:28:01 AM »
Don't worry Justin1278 will come back crying onto the Avast Anti-virus software soon, and he/she will admit Avast has got a much better range over Comodo Anti-virus product.
That's silly.

The only reason it's classed as a beta product is because as of yet it does not have all required definitions.  This will change over the coming weeks until it is ready for full release.
Yes, I know.  But when people compare the current Comodo AV to other products on the market they have to realize it is not fully developed in terms of detection.  As Melih (I think that's right) pointed out before, it will have major updates every week. I look forward to it, and started using it myself. :)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2006, 01:44:10 AM »
Since it is not recommended to have two resident scanner installed at the same time, I can't see  why someone would leave their systems security to a beta AV (no matter what one) that isn't yet mature, unless that system wasn't either a critical or only system.

Fine for a test system but I wouldn't recommend it for your main system without a good system back-up & recovery strategy, regular weekly hard disk images, etc.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

mauserme

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2006, 01:56:20 AM »
Don't worry Justin1278 will come back ...

That part would be just great.  'Nuf said ...

MFB

« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2006, 02:46:04 AM »
Dear  Justin,  I quote this from your topic in the comodo forum Click here:

Hi,

We all know Comodo doesn't have good detection, I am constantly sending in new virus samples, I actaully "hunt" down malware and send it to them which is always added. We are here to help, Melih has a complete team working on the Antivirus, and I am sending in at least 1 new sample each day! Since I started I have currently sent in 8 and am already working on Virus # 9 which will be ready soon. Oh, I have acquired a virus that most antivirus programs don't even detect! major antivirus products such as Symantec, avast!, etrust, dr. Web, and many more don't even detect this new virus threat, but Comodo does because people like me hunt down the new malware threats and send them in, although it may be 27% now don't expect it to be that low anymore, each day with our help Comodo gets better and better detection. Our goal is to get Comodo's detection unmatched!!!
Regards,

Justin

May I ask how you're doing this and where you're getting the resources?   :-\
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 02:48:27 AM by Turkey »

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2006, 03:29:42 AM »
Comondo is not developing for the Macintosh Community ALWIL is so I will continue to Support Avast!
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Klavier

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2006, 03:30:16 AM »
I´ve already changed my antivirus. I still read this forum, but like 10 days ago my computer got infected, and before of that I asked about making better the avast detection and many forum members replied that my post was like idiot cause´ avast was good enough, that asking for heuristics or for getting better the detection rate was a nonsense, etc etc.
I liked comodo, but I think it still needs more time to get better. I´m using bitdefender now.

justin1278

« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2006, 07:00:18 AM »
Don't worry Justin1278 will come back crying onto the Avast Anti-virus software soon

How soon is soon? And why would you think that? Do you not think that I knew what I was doing when I switched? Do you not think that I already knew what the detection was with Comodo? Why do you think I am spending so much of my time collecting new virus samples for Comodo and ONLY Comodo? To help them get better detection. I know their detection isn't great right now but just you wait, in fact I bet you will change to Comodo one day!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 07:22:53 AM by justin1278 »

justin1278

« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2006, 07:14:49 AM »

[quote[
May I ask how you're doing this and where you're getting the resources?   :-\

Turkey, I am sorry to say I would like to keep where I collect new viruses to myself. However I have a sample that almost no antivirus detects here I will even upload a picture so you all may see the results. Turkey, it is nothing personal it is just that I would prefer to keep the ways I acquire these samples to myself. I have more then 1 way of getting new samples and I am getting new samples everyday, so far I have sent them at least 1 virus each day. On June 6, 2006 I submitted 3 samples, one early in the morning (around 2:00) and the rest during the early afternoon. Anyways below is the scan of the certain file. I would of given it to Alwil but they never respond or it may not even get added, I sent this file in on 6/5/06 and already Comodo detects it. I scanned the file again today to see if any new antivirus products detected it, but it seems not.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 07:17:57 AM by justin1278 »

Negeltu

« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2006, 11:18:09 AM »
Why not send the file to alwil anyways?  Isn't it a good thing to at least try to send it so that others may be safe from it?  Or is that some form of protest against avast?  There is a chance...however small..that they would add it.  You said you have friends on the forum here...  Why not send it so that they have a chance of being protected against it?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2006, 01:42:19 PM »
Why not send the file to alwil anyways?  Isn't it a good thing to at least try to send it so that others may be safe from it?  Or is that some form of protest against avast?
Work 'against' won't make the things easier  :P
Anyway, if Alwil team would have bought Ewido and not Grisoft (AVG), I'll be happy... Detection seems to be the key for them  8)
The best things in life are free.

mauserme

« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2006, 02:16:02 PM »
Why not send the file to alwil anyways? ... There is a chance...however small..that they would add it.
Isn't that a sad statement.  A chance the detection would be added...
And no one can argue against it.

Alwil is losing old members - people are jumping ship.  Yet still we're ignored.

A simple "We recognize the problem and we're working on it" might do some good here.

And isn't it also sad that Justin, Klavier, et al have gone partly because of the way they've been treated on the forum?  How about a little introspection when we post a reply?  A little "do unto others ..."  Disagreeing is fine but even this thread is starting to get adversarial.