Author Topic: Bespoke real time settings keep changing  (Read 2820 times)

REDACTED

Bespoke real time settings keep changing
« on: February 02, 2018, 12:45:04 PM »
I have a problem with my real time settings. The 'real time' settings including 'components' keep changing every time I switch my PC off, I put it into 'sleep mode', there is a Windows Update or if I leave the PC on for more than a couple of hours.  I know the changes happen when the 'hardened' and 'check for PUPs' boxes become unticked in 'settings'. Changes include simple things like unchecking the 'sounds' and length of time that pop ups happen to 'do nothing' or 'ask' under 'actions'.

The changes that I made to the 'scan' settings have stuck and are fine.

Is there a quick fix to this?

thanks

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Bespoke real time settings keep changing
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 01:13:27 PM »
Hi, you need to adjust the settings in the console.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 07:36:27 PM »
Hi

Thanks for this response.

I am not sure what is meant by 'console'. I see no page with a 'console' title.

I open Avast by clicking on the screen icon, and a screen opens telling my the status - always showing that I am protected .  This screen also allows me the option to run a 'smart scan', and click on the 'protection' and 'privacy' buttons down the left side with the 'settings' button bottom left side.

I click on 'settings' and this opens the 'General' page.  Problems start here as I want the 'hardened' and 'scan for pups' box ticked and they keep becoming unticked. When this happens, a number of changes are made to settings under the 'General' and 'Components' settings. I always click 'OK' after each individual change that I make. This worked fine for the changes that I made for my PC scans that I run every few days but not for the 'real time' settings.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 07:06:47 AM »
Which business product are you using..?
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2018, 10:33:59 AM »
Hi Asyn

The Avast product was purchased the other month from my local PC repair shop and is shown as 'Avast Business Cloudcare'. I my PC is Windows 10. 

Thanks for your interest in this.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 03:32:01 PM »
Regarding CloudCare, see: https://www.avast.com/cloudcare

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 01:37:59 PM »
Hi Asyn

I logged onto this film.  I used the PC repair shop name to get in as my business as I am a private user.  This security was loaded on via a link from my PC repair shop as I had another issue with the PC.  And I did pay for this.

The Dashboard that comes up when I open the Avast Business Cloud Care icon looks almost identical your free anti virus Dashboard which is reviewed as part of the cloudcare film link that you provided. There are 2 differences. The heading on my Dashboard states 'Avast Business Anti Virus' whereas the Dashboard on the web states 'Avast Free Anti Virus'. Also the free use dashboard seems to have an additional button that looks like the offer to sign up for the paid security functions.  The page that opens when the 'settings' button is pressed looks identical.

Does this help? I am starting to get a nasty feeling here. The PC repair shop has been around for a number of years with a large number of local customers  - all happy - but they did recently move to another shop a few miles away.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 02:09:09 PM »
Hi, CloudCare is rather new as it came with AVG acquisition.
There has to be some Admin, best you contact the reseller...

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2018, 04:39:50 PM »

Asyn

Okay thanks I will make another attempt to contact the supplier.  They do seem to be still in business which helps.

You say that this is AVG.  I did have AVG that expired and switched to Avast. The AVG dashboard looked nothing like this Avast branded dashboard. And it very clearly states 'Avast'.

Is there anyone at Avast who can give me some pointers with this?  I actually like this security system when it is fully functional and don't want to cut my losses and buy Norton unless I have to. The real problem is that other family members who may use my PC will not always pick up on what boxes in settings have changed and become unticked or ticked and know what needs ticks and no ticks to maximise the security.  I must avoid that potential.

thanks