Author Topic: Microsoft Office  (Read 2410 times)

REDACTED

Microsoft Office
« on: February 06, 2018, 11:46:07 AM »
Microsoft office will not open or repair after running cleanup premium. Hoping for an easy solution!

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Microsoft Office
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 11:58:28 AM »
Hi,

we apologize for the inconveniences. In order to be able to help you we would need to know more information.

Could you please describe which version of Cleanup you have (you can find that in Settings - About) and how did you get into this state?
Have you put the Office to sleep in Speed Up - Background & startup programs?
If so than could you please try to wake it back and test whether it helped?

If the problem persists please send us the log files so we can analyze what happened.
Application logs files are stored here: c:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Tuneup\log, we would need ALL files from this folder.
You can pack everything into a zip archive and either upload them to a favourite file server of yours or you can use our public FTP server for the purpose: ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming/[/size] (login: anonymous).

Thank you.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 12:51:30 PM »
version is 17.3 (build 4040)
office is not sleeping
avast got me in this state! ran clean up yesterday. Had to restart several times to get anything working and then today office will not open or repair. Going out now so will have to look at info you are requesting later.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 08:13:06 PM »
Have something called AVAST software/avast/TuneupBin. Is that what you need?

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 10:07:32 PM »
I also cannot open Microsoft Office or even uninstall programmes or run the Avast Cleanup as it freezes.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 03:26:50 PM »
Hi,

that's very unfortunate and we apologize for that.

Since we are not able to induce this issue in our environment could you please send us the log files so we can analyze what happened.

Application logs files are stored here: c:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Tuneup\log, we would need ALL files from this folder.
You can pack everything into a zip archive and either upload them to a favourite file server of yours or you can use our public FTP server for the purpose: ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming/[/size] (login: anonymous).

Thank you.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 06:37:53 PM »
Sorry - I do not have that file path.

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 07:58:15 PM »
Office now ok after going into rescue centre on cleanup and undoing all changes!!

Would still like to be able to use clean up so if the bug is fixed how do i find out?