Author Topic: Windows 10 - BSoD netio.sys, aswstm.sys, and possibly the WFP network driver  (Read 1607 times)

REDACTED

I tried reinstalling Avast today and shortly after doing so, during a browsing session, Windows 10 Blue Screened once again. 
This was the exact issue I was having that had me uninstall Avast months ago, but later figured out that AVG had the same issue. 
According to my WhoCrashed log, the netio.sys and aswstm.sys are the conflicting issue, but I am fully aware that the problem is
tied to another piece of software that I am running (AdGuard 6.2.437.2171 ( adguard.com ) ). 

I've speculated that Avast (AVG and most likely any antivirus software) is having issue with Adguard's filtering of network traffic or with the WFP network driver. 
I've told Adguard to stop using the new WFP driver and use the older one, under advisement from Adguard support that its use "can conflict with antivirus software and can be the cause of various negative effects."

Is there a workaround to prevent Avast from conflicting with another programs normal intended operation?

Attached WhoCrashed log information:
~~~~~

On Thu 2/8/2018 12:35:54 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\020818-1498937-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: netio.sys (NETIO+0x10BC0)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80529A30BC0, 0xFFFFC905CEC8D920, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\netio.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Network I/O Subsystem
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 2/8/2018 12:35:54 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: aswstm.sys (aswStm+0xBA0C)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80529A30BC0, 0xFFFFC905CEC8D920, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\aswstm.sys
product: Avast Antivirus
company: AVAST Software
description: Stream Filter
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: aswstm.sys (Stream Filter, AVAST Software).
Google query: AVAST Software SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION