Author Topic: Secureline keeps self-disconnecting  (Read 40959 times)

REDACTED

Re: Secureline keeps self-disconnecting
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2015, 03:01:19 AM »
I received the following instructions:
Please try to repair and update your Avast installation first. You can do so by following these steps
- for Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8:
1. Click on Start > Control Panel > Uninstall a Program (Programs and Features, Add or Remove Programs) > Avast installation > Click on "Uninstall/Change" > Repair
2. After the repair, please make sure that you have the most recent version of Avast - 2015.10.3.2225.
To do that, please open Avast and go to > SETTINGS > Update > Program > Update and update your Virus definitions as well.
3. Restart your computer.
After that please activate your Avast SecureLine VPN subscription again:
1. Save the license file attached to this e-mail on your computer.
(Your license file can be also resent to you by filling up this form:http://www.avast.com/resend-license-paid.php )
2. Double-click on this file.
3. Verify that the information is correct, press YES and your license will be inserted into your program automatically.

Followed the instructions above and my Secureline VPN has been working perfectly for 4 days now! So yes, it is just a matter of repairing and re-installing but it worked for me!
Thanks Avast Technical Support  I can only suggest anyone having this problem log a ticket with tech support.
Cheers Dean

REDACTED

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2015, 05:30:45 AM »
It's been a couple of weeks now, still happening but nowhere near as often. Appreciate if tech support can keep working on problem and include it in next update.
Cheers Dean

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2015, 05:27:09 PM »
It's been a couple of weeks now, still happening but nowhere near as often. Appreciate if tech support can keep working on problem and include it in next update.
Cheers Dean

Also, as mentioned in Post #29, this 'fix process' is not applicable if a user is using the Standalone Version which does not require Avast Anti Virus to be installed.
So how does this apply to fix the issue if they didn't have Avast installed and thus No Repair Option. ???

REDACTED

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2015, 05:02:13 AM »
Called Avast today about secure line "disconnecting". The recording kept saying that a technician would be with me in one minute. After 10 minutes (kept getting the same thing.......in one minute) I hung up.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2015, 07:08:12 PM »
Called Avast today about secure line "disconnecting". The recording kept saying that a technician would be with me in one minute. After 10 minutes (kept getting the same thing.......in one minute) I hung up.

When did your issue start.
Was secureline working prior??
Have your tried all other Server Options to see if connection is better?
If you have Secureline with Avast Anti Virus have you tried a "Repair" of you avast installation:

>>>>For a Repair go to Control Panel/ Programs&Features/ Avast and click Uninstall/Change.
The Avast installation options screen will appear, scroll up/down and choose "REPAIR".
Be sure to reboot after the process is complete

If that hasn't helped then I suggest you submit a Ticket, explain your issue in detail. If the product isn't working and you paid for the service you could also request a refund.

Contact Avast support:
http://support.avast.com > Scroll down and Submit a Support Ticket

NOTE: The support process can take 7-10 Business days. Keep in mind the "Holiday Season". :)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 07:10:09 PM by schmidthouse »

REDACTED

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2016, 06:26:04 AM »
Hello,
         I just wanted to know if any one had a fix for this subject yet. as i'm on 12.12272(Build 12.1.3076.0) and am still have this problem. i have put about 9 posts on here but haven't seen a single one of my posts appear yet may be this one will be lucky. Just a quick note on what i have done so far i have followed all the instruction to the letter in the topic summary and have been following the post in the secure line disconnection.

I have found it is roaming when disconnected for a new connection.
I have found it is not protecting any one while in this mode.
I have found this is not the correct way to use this type of connection.
i have found connections of this type are not secure  and can be traced and hackers can connect to you  and your connection at the other end quite simply.
Is this true i would like to know 

Offline robinsdav

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2016, 09:05:44 AM »
I've been  having this problem too.  Rright now  is intermittent. I thought it might be when the secureline app losses focus/ not " on top."  I started troubleshooting.  I  also turned off power save mod.   For the moment it seems to be staying connected.   I  use  note 4, and I can force it to stay open when I use other apps  as pop  up app.
So... seems to work to   either:
     * turn off power sav,
     *  keep the secureline app open  and" on top"  While running  other apps  as  pop-ups 

REDACTED

« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2018, 01:09:43 PM »
This problem still exists, I have paid for versions of both Avast and secureline, secureline fails intermittently leaving me vulnerable while watching videos.
I am adding to this post because I think that there's a piece of information that hasn't been mentioned yet that may help.
The video freezes for a short while and when it resumes the VPN is turned off.
 I believe that this is being done by ISP's when they know that a user is being protected by using a VPN, It seems to me that if the ISP interrupts the connection for a short time that the VPN turns itself off, and when the connection is re-established the video continues with the VPN turned off.
If I am correct then we are all being made fools of, and a fix for this issue is needed to stick it to them.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2018, 01:12:19 PM »
This problem still exists, I have paid for versions of both Avast and secureline, secureline fails intermittently leaving me vulnerable while watching videos.
I am adding to this post because I think that there's a piece of information that hasn't been mentioned yet that may help.
The video freezes for a short while and when it resumes the VPN is turned off.
 I believe that this is being done by ISP's when they know that a user is being protected by using a VPN, It seems to me that if the ISP interrupts the connection for a short time that the VPN turns itself off, and when the connection is re-established the video continues with the VPN turned off.
If I am correct then we are all being made fools of, and a fix for this issue is needed to stick it to them.
Hi, see: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=217416.0
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0