Author Topic: Outlook Express SPAM Blocking Problem  (Read 2055 times)

bucktales

Outlook Express SPAM Blocking Problem
« on: June 07, 2006, 05:59:33 PM »
When I use Outlook to check my IMAP email, smap messages are almost always marked as deleted as they arrive in my Inbox.  Avast did this right out of the box, so to speak - and I love it!

However, checking the same account via Outlook Express, SPAM messages aren't deleted/marked as deleted, etc.  I can't seem to figure out the settings and how to get this to work.  Am I missing something?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Outlook Express SPAM Blocking Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 06:53:16 PM »
I think there must be something else going on here avast doesn't mark for deletion, if it detects a virus it will alert you and ask what action to take. It doesn't act autonomously unless you are using the pro version and or you have set it up to tale certain actions. I can't speak about Outlook, I don't use it but I would have thought that the detection and action would be the same when using the Internet Mail provider rather than the Outlook/Exchange plug-in.

avast isn't an anti-spam product so it doesn't delete or mark spam.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Outlook Express SPAM Blocking Problem
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 03:26:22 AM »
However, checking the same account via Outlook Express, SPAM messages aren't deleted/marked as deleted, etc.  I can't seem to figure out the settings and how to get this to work.  Am I missing something?

Use Silent Mode:
Left click the 'a' blue icon.
It will start On-access protection
Click on Internet Mail and then on Customize.
Go to Advanced tab and select Silent Mode and the default answer No. This will send the file (email) to Chest.
You can't set 'delete' in Home version, only in the Professional (http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=13315.msg112285#msg112285).

The settings for 'mark' the email are on the Heuristic tab of settings  :)
The best things in life are free.