Author Topic: Translation ?  (Read 11271 times)

S.Z.Craftec

Translation ?
« on: December 30, 2003, 08:07:15 PM »
Is there anyone out there who can translate this text to English, but fast and accurate ? It seems like there is no ENGLISH version of that page...

http://www.memopage.cz/view.php?clanek=215

I would just like to see other people's opinions...

Thanks in advance !

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:Translation ?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2003, 01:15:21 AM »
Hehe what a silly article!!!
All I can say is that it's a compilation of Grisoft's and our (Alwil) web pages! Not much meat, really!

Anyway, no big wonder that it's in Czech - both avast and AVG come from the Czech Republic, actually... :)

Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2003, 07:52:44 AM »
Vlk wrote:
Anyway, no big wonder that it's in Czech - both avast and AVG come from the Czech Republic, actually...

I know that both products are products of Czech Republic... That's the only reason why I asked here and not in some Japanese forum... hehe  ;D
The fact is that you guys have so many talented people down there. Almost same situation is in my motherland, Croatia... so many hard working guys, but only few of them succeded... I was GFX guy in one small group that grew up into CroTeam, group that made video game with huge success in whole world, named Serious Sam.

Article... I just thought it was some kind of comparision article, something like AVG vs. Avast!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still no interest for my skin idea at Alwil Software ?  ::) I would really like to be (at least) smallest part of something that is somehow connected to this wonderful product... but, if you don't need anybody from outside,OK... no hard feelings... well, I'll just be a little sad  :-\
« Last Edit: December 31, 2003, 08:04:03 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2003, 08:37:24 AM »
I am intrested if you make an actual skin please email it to me
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2003, 03:23:42 PM »
I said it (I think) 200 times before, and I'll say again...

I don't know how to make skin. There is no any tutorial how to do that for Avast!, and also, there is no program like StyleBuilder by TGTsoft for making Windows styles (I use it and it's very easy, but very powerful)...

...plus, I don't wanna do anything on my hand... I want to hear from Alwil guys first, and if they're interested, then OK

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2003, 05:18:20 PM »
calm down I know you said that. But IF you EVER make a skin out of it that is you find a program that will I (And a lot of other users) would like to have it
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2003, 06:09:36 PM »
Oh MacLover, you don't have to calm me down... I'm perfectly calm (I just twisted my dog's neck, hehe  ;D)

No problem, IF I EVER manage somehow to make a skin out of that idea, i promise, I'll post it here, so everyone who like it, can download it...

But still... no one from Alwil responds...  :'(

Enjoy holidays !!!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2003, 06:47:21 PM »
Oh MacLover, you don't have to calm me down... I'm perfectly calm (I just twisted my dog's neck, hehe  ;D)

No problem, IF I EVER manage somehow to make a skin out of that idea, i promise, I'll post it here, so everyone who like it, can download it...

But still... no one from Alwil responds...  :'(

Enjoy holidays !!!

I think Alwil won't answer more than they already did: of course they are interested in skins. And the users too  ;D Anyway, this is just a shot in the dark. Maybe the graphical designer of Alwil won't like to have a competitor  8)
The best things in life are free.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2003, 10:01:20 PM »
Bravo Technical !

That's just what I thought it is...
But, I don't want to be competition to enybody. If that's the case, so what should GFX guy from Nullsoft (WinAMP) say for all those people from all around the world who make all those wonderful skins ?

Competition makes people try harder and make better stuff... I call it positive competition. It's not like I want to be better than someone else. Why ? Because, there is always somewhere, somebody better than me, and that's the endless game... when I sent my skin idea for Avast!, my only and the only intention was to show to people, that Alwil Software has wonderful product which is not just the best Antivir softwar ever, but software that can offer people to choose between hundreds of different skins and that way they can find themselves in what they like most...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2004, 12:59:37 AM »
The competition was just a joke  ;D
Your skins are always wellcome.

I think Martin Novak is the graphic designer of avast! skins but I'm not sure...

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2004, 01:50:37 AM »
No problem Technical..
Can you take a look at this one and tell me your opinion ?

http://www.avast.com/forum/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=2169

Regards !

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2004, 06:14:28 PM »
No problem Technical..
Can you take a look at this one and tell me your opinion ?

http://www.avast.com/forum/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=2169

Regards !

Nice piece of work!!! MacLover liked it too much!
Let's Alwin discover your talent  ;D

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2004, 07:32:49 PM »
MacLover liked it too much!
;D ;D ;D

Ogw

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2004, 02:47:50 PM »
I can found avast in what languages? Is this a translation forum??

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2004, 03:13:00 PM »
Sorry, forum is English only.
But avast is available in a number of languages - please see http://www.avast.com/i_idt_1016.html for the case of avast Home Edition.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.