Author Topic: Site containing a worm!  (Read 3224 times)

New_Age

Site containing a worm!
« on: June 17, 2006, 03:34:01 AM »
This was just sent to me by a friend on MSN Live 8.0 Beta! Got rid of it though.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 05:40:00 AM by New_Age »

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
Re: Site containing a worm!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 04:04:39 AM »
Please, never post active links like that in forums like this. That's the golden rule. There is many people around, newbies and those who are not that familiar with all this stuff. Many will click just out of curiosity, and then they will just get some problems and more headaches.

What you can do is, edit your post and put that link inside the QUOTE tags, not URL tags. Once you wrap them up with URL tags, it automatically becomes active and clickable link which of course is not good. If you do that using QUOTE tags, or even CODE tags, all visitors will see is just text of URL of the web site, but that text will not be clickable, so no one will be able to press it accidentally.

Regards.

MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

..::ReVaN::..

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 11:02:46 AM »
This was just sent to me by a friend on MSN Live 8.0 Beta! Got rid of it though.

At least now you know the on-access IM provider in avast! works ;)

Offline XMAS

• Avast translator
  • Super Poster
  • Santa is watching you ;)
    • avast! in Bulgarian
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 02:09:18 PM »
At least now you know the on-access IM provider in avast! works ;)

Well, actually the warning on the screenshoot is from the Web Shield   ::) ;D
You've Got To Get Close To The Flame To See What It's Made Of...

mouniernetwork

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 01:38:22 AM »
Also when you put screenshot individuals such as my self can download the filesince you provide the URL.  :o

But we learn by our mistakes  ;)

MounierNetwork