Author Topic: Avast Password Manager Device Self Authorization Issue  (Read 2488 times)

REDACTED

Avast Password Manager Device Self Authorization Issue
« on: February 10, 2018, 11:04:00 PM »
Hi,
recently i was experiencing synchronization & one touch login issues so i removed all devices from sync group. Now i am trying to get back in the sync group and I need to do the self Authorization on the first device.
I have the original email to restore passwords and on clicking i get to the screen where it is asking me for the "passcode used when you first synchronized your vault". I remember the last master password but it is not accepting it. Can you please assist in restoring my access
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 11:09:02 PM by Sameer14 »

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
Re: Avast Password Manager Device Self Authorization Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 09:27:14 AM »
If you can't remember your first device in synchronization passcode, no one can help you get into the group. This is the information only you know. I have checked your group and I can't see first device in the list, which means that you have to removed it by turning off sychronization on it. Try use any master password/password you ever have had set on any of your devices. If it won't help then only reset of your synchronization group can help you to use same account for synchronization again.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 03:55:29 PM »
Thank you for the response. Can you show me the steps to reset the sync group

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 02:55:01 PM »
Only we can reset the group from our end, please send me direct email to kvetko@avast.com from email address you are requesting reset for and I will do it. Note that after the the reset the data in your backup will be lost and they can't be recovered later even if you would recall the password.