Author Topic: Avast & MEMU emulator  (Read 3545 times)

REDACTED

Avast & MEMU emulator
« on: February 19, 2018, 06:49:30 PM »
Avast causes the system to freeze up when installing Memu (and other emulators that use virtualization). Avast's solution from over a year ago is to "uncheck the Enable Hardware Assisted Virtualization option".

But the Avast UI now has an additional sub-option underneath this: "Use nested virtualization where available". If I check them BOTH will that allow Memu etc to install and run successfully? Or do I still need to uncheck the first option?

I'm asking because the original posted solution is quite old now, and I don't know of more recent Avast developments since then. Thanks.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Avast & MEMU emulator
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 10:02:32 AM »
Update to the latest version (18.1.2326): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=215365.0
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Evjls

Re: Avast & MEMU emulator
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 01:10:02 PM »
Avast causes the system to freeze up when installing Memu (and other emulators that use virtualization). Avast's solution from over a year ago is to "uncheck the Enable Hardware Assisted Virtualization option".

But the Avast UI now has an additional sub-option underneath this: "Use nested virtualization where available". If I check them BOTH will that allow Memu etc to install and run successfully? Or do I still need to uncheck the first option?

I'm asking because the original posted solution is quite old now, and I don't know of more recent Avast developments since then. Thanks.
try to update to the latest version and try to enable "Use nested virtualization where available"
if you still experience any problem with memu, you have to untick the option of "Enable Hardware Assisted Virtualization option"