Author Topic: Unattended Install  (Read 5008 times)

REDACTED

Unattended Install
« on: February 20, 2018, 03:56:19 PM »
Since starting with the cloud version of Avast Business, I've been running the install automatically as part of our login script. Until now, there was an option for silent install which allowed the install to complete without user interaction. Now it stops the login script and waits for the user to manually complete the install process. This is rather unacceptable in our environment as it generates a help desk call for almost every user. Is there a way to force the installer into unattended mode with a command-line switch or something? The knowledgebase article that used to exist is giving a "page not found" so I can even look it up there... HELP!

REDACTED

Re: Unattended Install
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 09:39:35 AM »
I'm no expert on the subject, but have you downloaded the right installer?  In my Cloud Console I can see options to download an interactive or non-interactive installer.  Paid versions can also download an .MSI instead of .EXE

Assuming you are saying you've being using this option previously, there might be an issue with the building of installers with the new console version, in which case all you can really do is report it to Tech Support and keep using the old installer that was working for you until fixed.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 01:41:03 PM »
And I used to get the option for either interactive or non-interactive, but that option went away for some reason since my last download. I do run the paid version and get the option for MSI. Maybe I should use that so I can run it with /qb to make it non-interactive.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 02:49:59 PM »
 :) And using the msi installer with /qb resolved this. So I guess the .exe simply doesn't support unattended any more.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 11:27:58 AM »
Glad to hear the .MSI solves your problem.  My rule of thumb is to use an .MSI if given a choice for any app install, as it's usually more flexible.

I still have the interactive/non-interactive options in my console, so perhaps the Free version still has this option for .EXE, but is removed from .EXE in Paid versions in favor of the .MSI

We may never know ;)

I've never used the non-interactive.  I suspect it still has a progress GUI, but does not require input.