Author Topic: Right clicking a file / left clicking "Scan XXX with Avast" no longer works.  (Read 2298 times)

Offline Bosco123456

Windows 10 Home. Laptop. Avast 18.1.2326

Have used Avast Free Antivirus for years. Starting about a week ago I have the problem described in the header.
When I right click a file and then left click "Scan XXX", nothing happens. Have tried dozens of times.

I have to initialize the GUI, Protections/Scans/Targeted Scans.

And if it's a single file not in a folder which I want to scan, I have to create a New Folder and insert the file so your "Browse" function will find the file I want to have scanned.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Bosco123456

I updated and the problem ceased.

Until now - it's doing it again.
I imagine that, as before, when I restart it will work again.
But it's not convenient to do that now, so I'm using other AV's for individual file scanning before initializing them.

Why is this problem beginning again?

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Hi Bosco,

I am able to do the windows explorer menu scan here, on latest stable release. Which windows Version are you using?

You stated you have other AV products installed? Are any running a real-time scanner?
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay