Author Topic: Reinstalling Avast after factory reset of computer. Please help!!  (Read 3367 times)

REDACTED

As I have nearly no more space on my laptop compute, after trying every trick in the book to get space back, it is time for me to send my computer back to day 1 ... a factory reset. However, as this happens I will lose nearly every thing, including AVAST. I have about five months left of my subscription. Do I just log in to my account and download the program(s) again, or how does it work? Thanks for any help here.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Reinstalling Avast after factory reset of computer. Please help!!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 12:46:53 AM »
Save a copy of your license before doing a factory restore - or download the license again - Resend avast License https://www.avast.com/resend-license-paid.php, you will need to enter the email that you used when purchasing the license, e.g. the one that the original email with the link was sent.

Something else you might consider, going back to day one, that would need you to do all of the windows updates/SPs, etc. that is a very big job.  It may be possible to get a larger hard drive for your computer and clone your old disc onto the new one.  Whilst this may need some technical help it would be less painful than doing a factory reset.

You could also consider buying an external hard drive and export data/images/media files to that.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security