Author Topic: SpyBot updates  (Read 42864 times)

Den

Re:SpyBot updates
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2003, 06:05:59 PM »
The problem with downloading Spybot updates has nothing to do with Avast. It's simply a function of selecting a mirror site, otherwise, it just hangs.  Once you click for and it finds Updates, then select the downward arrow next to UniDo (actually it's easy to miss because it  looks liike Undo and we simply disregard it), and select a site . Then click DOWNLOAD UPDATES ; it's instantaneous !!!

Den

« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2003, 09:14:53 PM »
I thought I had sent a solution this morning but I must have pushed the wrong button !!!
The problem with Spybot updates has, in my opinion, nothing to do with Avast. The problem is not selecting a mirror site.
When an update is available, before selecting Download, click on the downward arrow in the Unido box (it looks like UNDO so I think we disregard it automatically) and select a download site. Then click Download.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2003, 07:14:49 PM »
There is detection rules updates (700k)!  ;)
The download, as usual, is not so 'simple' regardless what say the other users...
The best things in life are free.

Culpeper

« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2003, 08:29:18 PM »
I thought I had sent a solution this morning but I must have pushed the wrong button !!!
The problem with Spybot updates has, in my opinion, nothing to do with Avast. The problem is not selecting a mirror site.
When an update is available, before selecting Download, click on the downward arrow in the Unido box (it looks like UNDO so I think we disregard it automatically) and select a download site. Then click Download.

That did the trick for me, Thanks!