Author Topic: Suggestion for forum display  (Read 3671 times)

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Suggestion for forum display
« on: December 31, 2003, 07:31:39 PM »
Hi all,

It would be handy to be able to see at a glance, in addition to the other "standard" info (name, status, no. of posts, k@rma, etc.), where each person is in terms of time zone.  That way if you wanted to IM someone specific, or post primarily for their attention, you could make a better guess as to when they'd most likely be here and logged in.

Obviously some of us keep weird hours -- since I'm retired and don't have to coordinate with working hours, I usually get up late morning or even mid-day and stay up till the wee hours of the morning (Eastern time, UT-5).  But I'm sure probably the majority of us are on a more "normal" schedule in our respective local times.

Obviously YaBB might have no way of setting this up -- or for whatever reason there might be a consensus among us that it's not such a great idea.  But maybe think about it?

Best to all,
Mike
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Suggestion for forum display
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2004, 01:06:15 AM »
MikeBCda, good suggestion indeed. Maybe you can post it in the WISHLIST too, for further reference, although it is referred to the web page and not avast application itself.  ;)
The best things in life are free.