Author Topic: P2P protection  (Read 4878 times)

BlankaM

P2P protection
« on: December 31, 2003, 09:07:50 PM »
Is the P2P protection included within the main scanner module or is it a seperate module, cos if it is I can't see it.  :(

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re:P2P protection
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2003, 09:58:00 PM »
Hi,

I'm making two assumptions here (and of course feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

Firstly, are you using a fairly recent, hopefully the latest, version of avast?  The program itself, that is, not the database (although hopefully that's up to date too).  P2P was a relative recent addition to the on-access providers.

And are you looking at "On-Access Protection Control", which is where you'll find P2P and its setup options?
If it's not listed there, then update your program if necessary.

Or if it's already up to date, then go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, and click on avast.  There's a choice to change setup, and you may find that the P2P provider isn't ticked, which it should be by default.

Hopefully this'll get you going properly -- if not, just give a yell and we'll see what else we can suggest.

Best,
Mike
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

BlankaM

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2003, 11:07:08 PM »
Thanks!! :D

For some reason, neither the instant messaging module nor the P2P module were working. So I checked them, rebooted and now everything is fine!! I never thought to check in the add/remove options because I'm only ever there to uninstall. Heh. :) Didn't know there was a change option in the avast uninstall menu.

I only had the Internet Mail, the Outlook and the normal scanner module loaded according to a left-click of the taskbar icon. ;-) Now they're all there. Woo! :D

Once again, thanks! :-D
« Last Edit: December 31, 2003, 11:08:43 PM by BlankaM »

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2003, 11:34:46 PM »
No prob, you're quite welcome.  :)  I'm surprised I didn't see anyone else, especially one of the experts, jump in with the answer first -- but what the heck, it's New Year's Eve, after all, and no doubt some of the gang are planning to get out tonight or already are out.

Anyway, glad to hear that a nice simple solution did the trick -- best to you (and everyone, of course) for the new year.
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2004, 12:56:35 AM »
it's New Year's Eve, after all, and no doubt some of the gang are planning to get out tonight or already are out.

The gang is always here...  ;D
Happy New Year
The best things in life are free.