Author Topic: Cannot approve devices for syncing  (Read 3404 times)

REDACTED

Cannot approve devices for syncing
« on: March 01, 2018, 08:51:53 PM »
I've tried to add a new device to sync to the account but whenever I click approve or reject it simply doesn't do anything.  Basically the approval request is stuck across all my 2 PC and 1 cellphone that's already approved.  I just got a new phone and wanted to sync the passwords with it but that's stuck too.

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
Re: Cannot approve devices for syncing
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 10:06:54 AM »
Hello, I have checked our records and I can't see any records related to the email you use on forum. Could you please PM me email you use for synchronization so I can check our backend logs?

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 12:25:14 AM »
I PM'ed you almost a week ago now.  It's the same email address with this profile.

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 10:26:11 AM »
Now I can see your devices and our records shows all your devices as trusted so the synchronization should work for you

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 05:43:04 AM »
Still can't.. there's a .. dead device that's trying to get approved.. but no matter if I approve or reject.. it just gets stuck with that request and won't go away.  It won't even let me unsync trusted devices

this keeps popping up

Android / HTC rogers_wwe / 370648

it is a phone that I had installed password for.. tried to sync but it got stuck.. then I uninstalled password on the phone and now that request is stuck requesting on all my trusted device... the worst part is I can't add any new device or take out any trusted device because that HTC request seems to be stuck in a request loop

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2018, 07:59:03 AM »
I can see all your devices as trusted including the Android you are mentioning. Anyway, could you please instead of reinstalling the app just delete application data and try set it up again (on that device? It is odd that you see something different as I do.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 05:23:22 PM »
Tried that on the android device, and it comes up with another code instead of 370648 and still gets stuck.

The worst part is, it makes all my trusted device installation unable to unsync.  This computer has avast installed with password in it.  But I couldn't unsync the password account to reconnect to another.  It simply, as I said, stuck.  I tried uninstalling avast, clean uninstalled using the avast tool and still the password part get's stuck to the account.  It won't let me change account.

I hate to ask but can you just nuke all the associated devices for password on the account and reset it?  I already saved and export the list of passwords.  If I can't add new devices to sync or remove any devices, or even switch accounts.  I simply have to just uninstall and not use Avast, because going forward for me it will steady becomes unsecured as I switch devices and computers in the future.

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2018, 10:19:49 AM »
Which email do you use for this setup? I can see that profile email is syncing and all devices within it are fully trusted. I don't see any pending confirmation device listed which is quite odd to me

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 11:05:02 PM »
the same email address

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2018, 12:33:36 PM »
I still don't understand what is the issue you are describing about.
I can do the reset, but you need (to be able start from scratch flawlessly) to stop synchonization on all devices you currently hold. As I read bellow it is not possible on one of your devices for some reason and that is the issue you are complaining about, is that correct?