Author Topic: "some antivirus shields are now off"  (Read 845 times)

REDACTED

"some antivirus shields are now off"
« on: March 02, 2018, 08:47:39 PM »
Hi guys, I've been using avast for about 6 years, on my laptop and on various PC's. Every few months Avast goes full retard and after an update it brings up the aforementioned message. I then have to run the cleaner to wipe it off my PC and reinstall it.

Is there no way that the devs can actually work this stupid issue out.? Can someone please create an alternative to essentially formatting the antivirus? Is the world really becoming this lazy that so many solutions to so many problems are all the same.. "reset the event"

I like avast, and i like how it works, but i really dont like how often it goes full retard and i dont like the steps i need to follow in order to get it working again since "repair" is pointless, and a simple uninstall is equally ineffective.

i wouldnt bother posting a complaint, but i was stupid enough to actually pay for some avast services..

Offline Pete from Avast

• Avast Representative
  • Avast team
    • Avast!
Re: "some antivirus shields are now off"
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 09:34:31 PM »
First of all, we apologize for any trouble -- updates shouldn't be causing these issues.

You can try running an Online Repair, instead of a full uninstall/reinstall, to resolve problems:

Control Panel -> Add/Remove Software -> Highlight Avast and click Change -> Select Online Repair -> Reboot

I've also reported this to our developers for review.