Author Topic: Avast Cleanup Premium  (Read 4958 times)

REDACTED

Avast Cleanup Premium
« on: January 11, 2018, 06:23:53 AM »
I've just installed Avast Cleanup Premium and run.
And I found all the files under Download folder deleted.
Is this a standard action?
I saw "the data files remain as it was" in Japanese, so I've done it.

Can I resume all the files (upto 400GB) anyhow?

Offline Would you kindly

Re: Avast Cleanup Premium
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 12:14:35 PM »
Hey isshee

Here is the Solution...

Open Avast Cleanup Premium.
Open Free Up Space.
Open System Junk.
Put a tick in the box to start ignoring Windows download files..

Hey Presto

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 04:54:34 AM »
Thank you for the info.

I've got back the deleted data with Easeus Data Recovery Wizard.

REDACTED

How to cancel Avast Cleanup Premium free 60 day trial
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 09:26:05 AM »

I today tried the Avast Cleanup Premium free 60 day trial. The download and installation were successful, i got the confirmation email with the activation key. In the process of registering for the free Clean-up Premium it asked for my bank card details which i understand is meant for them to charge me the full year subscription if i surpass the 60 days. However now i am trying to activate the service and its saying the activation key is wrong yet i am just copying and pasting from the confirmation email i received from them thus there is no way it can be wrong.
I am now skeptical about this whole thing since it cant allow me to activate, how will i know if i like the product or not if i cant use it. I am now contemplating on cancelling the 60 day trial if i cant activate the service
Please help:
1. How do i activate the service when it says activation key is incorrect yet its the one avast sent to my email
2. How do i cancel the Cleanup Premium free 60 day trial.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 10:32:16 PM »
Avast Cleanup premium. I installed it last October. It worked fine for a couple of months then around Xmas it just stopped working. I uninstalled it and re-installed. After it says the product is 'successfully installed' it goes straight to a dark blue screen with an endlessly spinning circle . I can do nothing. Any ideas how to get it working again?  NB. Tried the Help Line but never an answer in a reasonable time!

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 06:00:57 PM »
Hi newbie , I have had the same problem. Last year when I got it , I didn't notice the auto renew and was then " in " for a year.
I tried to contact Avast and got the blue page with spinning circle. Which is what I got today too !
I f I cant get through when I need to give notice, I don't want another year.
So my contract is with Digital River which,  after many searches , I found is a partner of Avast.
So I contacted them even though they are based in Ireland. I sent emails and finally they rang and I sorted it out.
But I now need to make sure this is not renewed ,,  so have just emailed Digital River.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 06:55:17 PM »
Hi Monikabrown55,

After a few days of looking at the blue screen I had another go with a complete an uninstall of the previous version as I could then I did a reinstall from scratch following the instructions on the Av website. (note had to disable Avast Premium whist doing the install) I got the blue screen for a minute or two then it went to the standard access screen and it has worked fine ever since! (much to my surprise) Maybe it was an issue with the version on the website ready to download that has now been fixed. Anyway everything appears back to normal and Avast Cleanup is working to specification. :)

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2018, 07:28:33 PM »
If I start the free trial of premium, will i be able to use my previously purchased license once the free trial is up? Also, why is premium being offered at 49.99 when I just payed 54.99 for the not premium version (auto renewal)? Can someone please respond to my email...ajmccarty@outlook.com? I'm not on here too much and don't know if I'll be notified if someone replies. Thanks in advance.