Author Topic: ..:: Another skin idea by me ::..  (Read 28106 times)

S.Z.Craftec

..:: Another skin idea by me ::..
« on: January 01, 2004, 01:43:21 AM »
Few hours playing in CorelPaint 11, Fireworks MX 2004 and here is the result... my vision of MacStyle look like skin...

I hope you'll like these three too, just as much as last one - http://www.avast.com/forum/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=1906;start=msg12634#msg12634

Taa-daa...  ???
...ok.. let's try again...
Taaa-daaaaa !!!

Sorry, I moved pictures to the bottom of this thread... you can find them there... sorry...

These are dedicated to MacLover2000, forum regular !!! MacLover, I hope you'll love these !  ;D

Regards and Happy New Year to everyone !!!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2004, 02:47:52 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Waldo

Re:..:: Another skin idea by me ::..
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2004, 05:51:17 AM »
This skin is a real master piece ! your a great artist.

I hope the good guys from Alwil will finaly include one of your skins in there download section of this website.

Nice work  :)

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2004, 06:10:57 AM »
Thanks Waldo ! Thank you from the bottom of my heart...

People like you make me wanna try even harder... Your words are greatest and most appreciated award for my work.

Now I have proof that I succeded...

I'll make more skin ideas if people show interest... I just need someone to show me how to make real useable skin.

I'm still waiting for someone to contact me about turning those ideas into real skins.

Thanks again !

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2004, 07:46:42 AM »
ok this is an OS X skin so im going to say its pretty good but LETS SEE A G5 ON THERE!!!!!!!
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline MWassef

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2004, 02:55:05 PM »
this is so nice indeed  ;D (a k. cookie from me  ;) )
MW

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2004, 04:12:52 PM »
MacLover Wrote:
ok this is an OS X skin so im going to say its pretty good but LETS SEE A G5 ON THERE!!!!!!!

OK... I can do that too... here we go... but, first... MacLover, do you have any audio wish too ?  ;D
:: Look at the top of this thread (first post) ::

I hope you'll be more than Happy...

MinaCross Wrote:
this is so nice indeed  (a k. cookie from me)

Thanks Mina, I gave a cookie to you too...
« Last Edit: January 01, 2004, 04:45:50 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2004, 05:04:20 PM »
no that will do  :D ;D :) 8) I love the view of the G5 chip and the front view is nice also. I think the alwil team should get these from you 8)
so nice heres a cookie from me
« Last Edit: January 01, 2004, 05:04:50 PM by MacLover2000 »
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2004, 05:26:30 PM »
That was joke MacLover (about music wish)... NHF

If you know me better, you'd notice that I'm craziest guy in the world... I can be very serious if the topic is of that kind... but, also, I can be very funny (people used to laugh their but off sometimes, birtday parties, parties of any kind)...  8)

Anyway, I'm glad you like my skin ideas... but, will anyone from Alwil contact me ever ?  ::)  :-\

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2004, 06:16:15 PM »
but, will anyone from Alwil contact me ever ?  ::)  :-\

YOU MUST SHOT AND CRY WITH CAPS TO PAVEL SEE THIS AND BE ANGRY WITH YOU  ;D
The best things in life are free.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2004, 06:46:59 PM »
OK Technical, let's try...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGHHHHHHHHH !!! ALWIL !!!

DISCOVER ME, USE ME, USE MY WORK, ABUSE ME (Oh that was too much)... DON'T ABUSE ME !!!  ;)

BUT, PLEASE... TELL ME YOU'RE GOING TO CONSIDER THIS AS POSSIBILITY TO DEVELOP A SKIN FROM THESE IDEAS...

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2004, 06:57:25 PM »
Guys, calm down a bit, please... ;) It's an ANTIVIRUS, OK?
Thanks.

I'll contact you, S.Z.Craftec, after I return back to Prague. I'm now in a place with no water, no heating and very weak wireless connectivity so it's not really easy to work here... :)

The pyramid design wouldn't work because current avast skins have some important (programmatical) limitations. Namely

1. the 'display' has to be rectangular
2. no animations are possible - e.g. no scrolling text etc.

But the design you posted in this thread should work - although it's not going to be very easy...

More info later. Sorry.
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2004, 07:31:54 PM »
great im sure you made him happy

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2004, 09:41:49 PM »
Vlk wrote:
Guys, calm down a bit, please...  It's an ANTIVIRUS, OK?

True, it's antivirus, not some art galery forum... but, almost all software (except some of DOS utilities), at least 99% of programs uses GUI. We all know that GUI is very important part of every utility.

Vlk wrote:
I'll contact you, S.Z.Craftec, after I return back to Prague. I'm now in a place with no water, no heating and very weak wireless connectivity so it's not really easy to work here...

OK, wonderful... I'm counting on it. I knew you're going to bite this one, it's irresistible, right ? hehe  8)
Thanks Vlk !!! I keep all my PNG files, all buttons, logos, backrounds... so it's not going to be a problem... we just have to get in touch. BTW, K.cookie from me...

Vlk wrote:
The pyramid design wouldn't work because current avast skins have some important (programmatical) limitations. Namely
1. the 'display' has to be rectangular
2. no animations are possible - e.g. no scrolling text etc.

No problem, zero, nada... I got it. But, anyway... if you're interested in that one too, I'll transform that display into rectangular shaped display.. I mean, it's not big deal. I'll leave triangular shape of skin in general, but I'll morph triangular dispaly into rectangular... that should work !

MacLover2000 wrote:
great im sure you made him happy

Ha, ha, ha... I'm sure Vlk made you happy too (probably more than me...  :D )
« Last Edit: January 02, 2004, 07:19:37 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2004, 10:21:30 PM »
I'm sure Vlk made you happy too (probably more than me

In one word yes. I should see about puting this in macworld! a nice side note "Avast antivirus develops 3 new OS X skins" and IF the editor approves and if the skins ever come out ill get your adress and send you a copy of the issue with your work in it  ;D
« Last Edit: January 01, 2004, 10:22:59 PM by MacLover2000 »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2004, 11:01:28 PM »
Well MacLover, all of a sudden, this looks like a dream to me... I work as a graphic designer (uncertified), almost, whole my life. But, no one ever offered me something really big. I completed Mathematic-Informatic Highscool, mayor: Computer Design, and I used to work computer related jobs back there in my motherland (Croatia). 12 years long, ugly war destroyed all my dreams and hopes. So I moved to Canada together with my wife to try to start all over again, from the scratch... Canada doesn't recognize schools I've completed and schools from Europe in general... you have to go in school all over again in order to get more quality and better paid job position... problem ? Yes, schools are too expensive, and remember, this is my start from zero. You can't live in here if you don't work, and when you work, you don't have enough time for school... endless circle. So, I waste my ideas and creativity, and I work on construction every day (almost whole day). I'm new in here (1 and a half year), so they don't wanna pay me as they should... Best thing is - I never quit anything !!! I'll try more and more, maybe in USA one day, who knows ?

I just wanna thank you for your appreciation for my work. Publishing those skins in MacWorld would be the biggest award in my whole life for my effort...

Bottom line, I just want all those Avast! (so good software rounded by wonderful people) users to have option to make their copy of antivirus look different and unique...

Anyway... this is my remake of my own Avast! Triangular skin... now they have rectangular display, so maybe it's going to be possible to turn that idea into skin finaly...

You can still see the screenshot at the bottom of this thread... sorry
« Last Edit: January 17, 2004, 02:43:08 PM by S.Z.Craftec »