Author Topic: ..:: Another skin idea by me ::..  (Read 28113 times)

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re:..:: Another skin idea by me ::..
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2004, 11:28:32 PM »
I just wanna thank you for your appreciation for my work. Publishing those skins in MacWorld would be the biggest award in my whole life for my effort...

now all we need is Vlk to contact you and get these skins completed.
I will see what I can do For the final skins to be put in MacWorld. I have to turm in my Review on NAV 9.0 for Mac tomrrow anyway and Ill give the idea then.  Its the same RAM hog as the windows version.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2004, 11:41:05 PM »
OK, I love you guys !!! I've never seen so many decent people around one "small" (Alwil, don't get me wrong) program... just, unbelievable !

You guys don't know about anything else, but helping people ? Wonderful...
BTW, K.cookie from me...

Just one more question... If the editor approves your request to put my skins in MacWorld, is there any chance, even tiny little chance to put author's (my) name and some contact (e-mail) information next to pictures ? In case somebody wants to contact me, there would be their chance... or you guys have different policy ?

I mean, it would be the best resume I could possibly have... and... my name next to Avast! Wow, I want everybody to see I use Avast! Hey... Avast!, not Norton !  ;D

I almost died laughing... "RAM hog"... hahaha... 400 pounds hog. I used to use Norton, but not anymore... that's for sure.

Regards !
« Last Edit: January 02, 2004, 07:26:56 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2004, 10:21:05 PM »
Just one more question... If the editor approves your request to put my skins in MacWorld, is there any chance, even tiny little chance to put author's (my) name and some contact (e-mail) information next to pictures ? In case somebody wants to contact me, there would be their chance... or you guys have different policy ?

name yes email no. last time a customers email was printed they ended up with over 50 email spam messages a week. if these skins are developed in time we might be able to put them in the Jan. issue right after the user comments section were adding on to.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2004, 02:32:18 AM »
Ok, putting name is good enough.

We just have to wait for Vlk to contact me and I hope we'll finish that skin as soon as possible... although, I'm not sure it can be done for MacWorld's January edition... or maybe I'm wrong.

Regards !

Culpeper

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2004, 02:49:07 AM »
I really like these new skins you come up with!  I'm so bourgeois.  I use the skin that comes with the safe boot routine (see below).

It's really ugly but I can't stop staring at it!

« Last Edit: January 04, 2004, 02:50:19 AM by Culpeper »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2004, 03:35:44 AM »
Yeah... I always say that simple and not so complicated is always the best. I like simple things too... on the other hand, we must think of those people who always like to spice up the way their programs look...

I say: "Million souls, million different opinions"

Greets !

Culpeper

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2004, 04:32:21 AM »
I agree.  And you're very artistic and talented.  You're skins look great! ;D  I was making a parody of a scene from Seinfeld where the old rich couple is looking at that awful picture of Kramer ;D

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2004, 05:56:14 AM »
Thanks Culpeper... I'm gonna try even harder...

Look at this one... proof that even that skin that comes with the safe boot routine, can be nice and lovable if we "touch" it with Fireworks or CorelPaint...
Anyway, skin that comes with the safe boot routine should be as simple as possible and not eat to much memory... ;D This one I "washed" is just for joke...

Sorry, I had to move screenshot to the bottom of this thread (3rd page)... you can find it there... sorry !

Regards !
« Last Edit: January 17, 2004, 02:55:38 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Culpeper

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2004, 06:27:49 AM »
That's super cool! 8)

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2004, 03:57:15 PM »
Hehe...
BTW, answer to your signature question:

[VINCENT]
They call it Royale with Cheese

Second BTW... You've got K.cookie from me...

Gtreets !
« Last Edit: January 04, 2004, 04:02:44 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Culpeper

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2004, 06:54:53 PM »
That's right!  A Royale with Cheese!  What do they call a Big Mac? :D

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2004, 06:59:32 PM »
VINCENT

Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.

Oh my God... I laughed my but off... LE Big Mac ! hahahahaha...

Le Kitty Le Prrr... hahaha...  ;)

Culpeper

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2004, 07:54:22 PM »
Pulp Fiction is my all time favorite movie ;D

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2004, 08:16:19 PM »
I can see that...  ;D

...story continues:

JULES

What do they call a whopper?

VINCENT

I dunno, I didn't go into a Burger King. But you know what they put on french french fries in Holland instead of ketchup?

JULES

What ?

VINCENT

Mayonnaise.

JULES

Goddamn!

VINCENT

I seen 'em do it. And I don't mean a little bit on the side of the plate, they f****n' drown 'em in it.

JULES

Uuccch !
[/color]

« Last Edit: November 06, 2004, 01:49:04 PM by S.Z.C »

Culpeper

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2004, 08:49:22 PM »
Yeah, that's in the first scene of the movie.  They go on to discuss foot massages next.  Everyone should watch this movie!