Author Topic: Stop Avast from scanning e-mail  (Read 1947 times)

rrod

Stop Avast from scanning e-mail
« on: June 16, 2006, 12:22:26 AM »
E-mail scanning changes my e-mail server's name in my Internet Account.  Is there some way to prevent this?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Stop Avast from scanning e-mail
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 01:13:51 AM »
What is your OS, win9x/ME ?
What is your firewall ?
Does it allow ashMaiSv.exe internet access ?

This is a requirement in order for avast to scan your emails before they arrive in your inbox.

The server address for both POP and SMTP should be set to 127.0.0.1
The POP server name set to: username#pop.isp.com (use the actual username and ISP info)
and... SMTP server name to: username#smtp.isp.com

You can go into the Help file within the Avast Scanner and look up Manual configuration.  It will take you through it step by step.  It is not hard to do.

Check the avast help file for Setting up mail Protection. Switch of your email client and run the Mail Protection Wizard - Or you can set it up manually.
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4 - look for, ashPopWz.exe - double click this and it will run the Wizard

Or see this thread for further information and advice User's FAQ - Mail Protection.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security