Author Topic: Avast license expires in July ... how to download Avast to new laptop  (Read 1851 times)

REDACTED

I've had a license since 2009 ... I seem to be having trouble figuring out how to resolve issues with my existing Avast license (set to expire in July '18).  As I mention in the thread below, I copied the activation code (XXXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXXX); downloaded a license but cannot figure out how to install the software on my new laptop.  Other than a page offering to sell another license, there is no support information portrayed on the site. 

The site does illustrate a cancellation for auto-renewal, so, if you can't provide the requested support, I will simply activate the McAfee license which was pre-loaded.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast license expires in July ... how to download Avast to new laptop
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 08:34:34 PM »
If you have download the avast version and installed it on your new laptop, copying the activation code may not work (are you getting any errors ?).  It may be better to use the Resend avast License https://www.avast.com/resend-license-paid.php, you will need to enter the email that you used when purchasing the license, e.g. the one that the original email with the link was sent.

Or you can enter your my.avast.com account and delete the old device (laptop, etc.) this should allow you to assign the license to the new installation.  But you would need to connect that new installation to your my.avast.com account.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security