Consumer Products > Avast Mac Security

Bring same features available in Windows to Mac

(1/1)

WSLUser:
I have a Windows 10 computer running Avast Premier with multi-license. I have a Mac laptop as well and Avast Mac Security has far less capability than Windows. Please port features specific to Windows to Mac. This will likely be a long term project but you can start feature by feature and release a feature once completed one at a time.

lukas.hasik:
Would you mind to post five features that are at the top of your list?

.: Mac :.:
Example from me is Silent Mode.

While we can turn off popups in the preferences, there is no easy toggle like in windows for the silent mode. This is just a minor annoyance here  ;)

WSLUser:
Haven't had much time to go over 5 different features but one I regularly use is the wipe/delete feature using the DOD algorithm (there are 3 options but I prefer the most efficient/effective.) I believe the FW features in Windows are non-existent in MAC if I recall correctly, or if there, not with the same UI and customization options.

If standardization between Windows and Mac is an issue, try using the Windows Subsystem for Linux with a distro (probably Debian would be best option unless the devs here are more familiar with OpenSuse) and the Github project Wsltty, which brings console features that are in Cygwin from the Mintty terminal to the console used for WSL. There is a bit of interop available for Windows/Linux and is greatly enhanced with the upcoming Spring Creator's Update in April, so that might help standardize what's available in Linux (which includes MAC) and Windows.

.: Mac :.:
WSLUser,

I am not so sure using a emulation/subsystem would be appropriate for something that has hooks as deep as an AV application. However, I can say that they are working for more feature parity, just look at recent release of Secure VPN and Cleanup tools as an example. Now that we have an optional paid platform for MacOS, I am sure more will be coming.

Cheers,
Mac

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version