Consumer Products > Avast Passwords

Avast Passwords Chrome Extension Wordpress Menus Backend Conflict

(1/4) > >>

REDACTED:
When attempting to use the menus page in the backend of Wordpress (typically located at https://www.mywebsite.com/wp-admin/nav-menus.php, the page becomes frozen or so slow that making changes to menus is not possible. Other backend pages of Wordpress do not appear to be affected. Disabling the Avast Passwords extension in the Chrome browser allows the menus page to return to normal. Same problem occurs when managing this page on different Wordpress driven websites.

Any suggestions? Can devs look in to this?

Insomnimatic:
Sounds like the Passwords extension might see some sort of login field(s) or input(s) it can use with WordPresses' overlay / UI. It could be pulled input fields can/ hidden. It probably isn't able to apply the info (whether it is a username and password or to generate a password) so it gets stuck in a loop which slows performance and uses most resourses of the browser. Just a guess.

Insomnimatic:
If you can disable the extension by URL, add WordPress to that list.

REDACTED:
Donald105,
Thanks for your suggestion. I gave your recommendation a try by attempting to add the functionality of disabling the extension by url using the Extension Automation extension to Chrome. I confirmed that I had a properly applied filter to disable Avast Passwords for the Wordpress site I was working on. But it had no effect. The Avast Passwords Extension still seemed to be enabled for the site, and disabling it all together was (as has been the case) the only way to get the menus page functioning again.

Is this forum only a "users helping users" situation? Is there somewhere else I should be making a bug report? If my assumption is correct: that this will effect all Wordpress installations, then we're talking about 30% of all websites world wide. Seems like fixing this bug might be important?

Nevertheless, your suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.

Asyn:
See if this helps: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=211888.msg1451617#msg1451617

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version