Author Topic: update 4.7.844 conflict with Outlook  (Read 3382 times)

stalks372

update 4.7.844 conflict with Outlook
« on: June 20, 2006, 06:52:27 AM »
I just updated today with 4.7.844. since then I have not been able to get Outlook to send or receive mail.  (also neither Mozilla nor IE6 can access the net).  When I "pause" the web shield, standard shield and the internet shield, everything works fine.
I have run virus scans, adaware, panda and spybot which have come up empty, so I belive there is some conflict with the port access going on in the updated program...any ideas?

martosurf

Re: update 4.7.844 conflict with Outlook
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 07:03:45 AM »
I just updated today with 4.7.844. since then I have not been able to get Outlook to send or receive mail.  (also neither Mozilla nor IE6 can access the net).  When I "pause" the web shield, standard shield and the internet shield, everything works fine.
I have run virus scans, adaware, panda and spybot which have come up empty, so I belive there is some conflict with the port access going on in the updated program...any ideas?

hello stalks

I use everyday Outlook2k3 with avast! 4.7.844 and the only issue I came along is the one I posted about changed fonts.

Did you try to uninstall and install it again? did you have another on-demand scanner running? maybe listing your appz may help :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 01:46:34 PM »
Did you have another on-demand scanner running?
Or did you have in the past?
ClamWin, AVG, Norton... a lot of antivirus have special Outlook plugins and if anything was left behind (files, windows registry keys...) avast could find trouble to work  ::)
The best things in life are free.

stalks

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 03:32:13 PM »
 I've used avast as the only antiv (  :) since a clean install of XP sp2 last yr.  the apps running at startup are the following: AIM6 (AOL); Realtek sound manager;Java online update program (Sun); Hostmanager (AOL again); and Zone Labs Client (Zonelabs zonealarm).
I know that there have been conflicts with zonelabs and avast in the past, so I've tried uninstalling Zonealarm and still have the problem after the uninstall.....this is troubling.  Any other suggestions?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 09:42:51 PM »
I've used avast as the only antiv (  :) since a clean install of XP sp2 last yr.  the apps running at startup are the following: AIM6 (AOL); Realtek sound manager;Java online update program (Sun); Hostmanager (AOL again); and Zone Labs Client (Zonelabs zonealarm).
I know that there have been conflicts with zonelabs and avast in the past, so I've tried uninstalling Zonealarm and still have the problem after the uninstall.....this is troubling.  Any other suggestions?
If you go Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > avast antivirus > Change\Remove buttom and then choose the option 'Change' the installation at left, could you uncheck (uninstall) Internet Mail Provider for a while and boot. Will it solve the problem?

stalks372

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 12:06:47 AM »
that did the trick...not sure what is conflicting....now, am I exposed to any nasties?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 12:27:52 AM »
that did the trick...not sure what is conflicting....now, am I exposed to any nasties?
Do you use any other email program besides MS Outlook?