Author Topic: Boot Time Scan  (Read 2246 times)

MrWang

Boot Time Scan
« on: June 23, 2006, 09:32:18 AM »
Hey, new user here and I already have a problem. I ran the boot time scan and when it detects an infected file it gives a list of commands via numbers... Well, I can't get it to do anything no matter what numbers I press, even esc, almost like it's frozen. I have some kind of win:32 trojan thing that I can't get out...

ardvark

Re: Boot Time Scan
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 09:41:20 AM »
Hi MrWang...

Can you get the exact name of the virus?

Have you run a regular scan when Windows has finished booting up?

Also, you may want to enlist the help of an online scanner (first) if Avast is unable to deal with the infection. Here is one site...

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Please post back with any results and welcome to the forums :)

Best Regards...
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 09:43:46 AM by ardvark »

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 09:58:19 AM »
If you have an USB keyboard, you may have to enabled the support in BIOS first.

MrWang

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 10:51:55 AM »
Well ardvark, I think I had Win:32Zlob-Bn(Trj) and I ran SmitfraudFix and it seems to have wiped it out, I did a boot time scan with avast! after this and it didn't find anything. Right now I'm running a scan with Ewido that's looking pretty promising. Next I'll do a full system scan with avast! and make sure it's all gone.

All I had before was Norton Antivirus but I'm starting to here a lot of bad things about the program. Does avast! completely replace Norton? And what should I run in tandem with avast! for the best protection?

Thanks for your help.

ardvark

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 10:59:59 AM »
Hi MrWang...

Yes, Avast completely takes the place of Norton in terms of antivirus protection.

In tandem, I would recommend a good trojan scanner (looks like you've already got one ;) ) SpywareBlaster and a good antispyware scanner. Free versions include Adaware SE and Spybot Search and Destroy. Also, a firewall is highly suggested as well, especially if your connection is through DSL or cable.

I'm glad you were able to remove the trojan :)

Best Regards...
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 11:01:50 AM by ardvark »