Author Topic: Unable to contact customer support  (Read 781 times)

Offline srf

Unable to contact customer support
« on: October 04, 2023, 09:26:45 AM »
I have tried several times to contact customer support using https://support.avast.com/en-no/contact. The issue is that no matter how I fill in the form, the confirmation e-mail I receive afterwards is incorrect. I have tried several browsers (with and without addons) but it's always the same.
Here is the confirmation e-mail I received after choosing  "I need help with a different subscription or billing issue" and describing how there is an issue with my license.

We confirm that we’ve received your request <removed>. We’re handling your request now and our Customer Support representative will get back to you within 48 hours.
Type of request:    I want to cancel my contract and request refund
Why are you asking for the refund?    
Order ID:    
First Name:    <removed>
Last Name:    <removed>
E-Mail:    <removed>
Cancellation date:    

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Unable to contact customer support
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2023, 12:24:56 PM »
What is it that you are trying to contact Avast customer services about  ?

Perhaps there is a better, more specific link: if as you say they are responding incorrectly.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline srf

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2023, 12:28:34 PM »
The issue is somewhat irrelevant. The problem here is the automatic reply that is not at all what you put into the form. The only thing that is correct in the automatic reply you get in the e-mail is the request-ID.

Offline prokopes_

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2023, 02:52:38 PM »
The issue is somewhat irrelevant. The problem here is the automatic reply that is not at all what you put into the form. The only thing that is correct in the automatic reply you get in the e-mail is the request-ID.
Hi, thank you for reporting this. We're aware of this issue and are working on a fix. We're sorry for the confusion caused by the incorrect automatic response.