Author Topic: Avast! doesn't analyze all my files  (Read 2576 times)

REDACTED

Avast! doesn't analyze all my files
« on: February 22, 2018, 01:51:19 AM »
Hi,

When Avast! finishes scanning there are a lot of files it couldn't scan. Anyone knows why?

REDACTED

Re: Avast! doesn't analyze all my files
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 02:44:32 AM »
Don't know but same thing when I ran full scan so I went looking thru my files and found a number of files that had the red circle with a horizontal line which I had to "unlock" so I could see what was in them, nada, nothing, don't know why they're even there if there's nothing in them, but wonder if this is the reason why they couldn't be scanned since I'm the only admin and no one else has ever used my computer, but even I had to "allow" myself access. Even though there was nothing in them I left them as they were.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 07:58:05 AM »
How do I handle files that Avast can’t scan?
https://blog.avast.com/2014/02/28/how-do-i-handle-files-that-avast-cant-scan/

and in FAQ section you find this info
Special cases
For incomplete scans, an error message indicating the reason the scan was unable to complete is visible in the Status column. Although there are many different reasons a scan may be unable to complete, some of the most common reasons are:

Archive is password protected: indicates that the file is password protected. Some programs use password protected archives to store their data even if you did not set the password. Depending on your scan settings, only the "wrapper" file is scanned while the archive content is not.
Archive is corrupted: indicates that the file may be corrupt because it was only partially downloaded or saved to your harddisk, or that it is a special type of archive.
The process cannot access the file because of another process: indicates that another process or program was accessing the file during the scan.
The file is a decompression bomb: indicates that the file was too large to be decompressed for malware analysis. Decompression of large files generates vast amounts of data which can cause your system to be unstable or cause it to crash.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 10:26:32 PM »
In my case, there is no information about Avast can not scan the files.

It says:

"Analized Files: xxxxxxxxxxx Infections found: 0 Can not analize: 841"

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 07:33:23 AM »
In my case, there is no information about Avast can not scan the files.

It says:

"Analized Files: xxxxxxxxxxx Infections found: 0 Can not analize: 841"
Scan / analyze = same thing

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2018, 04:21:44 PM »
To echo what Pondus said, this is normal. Like other OSes Mac OS has some files that you do not have access to, particular protected system files, or files from another user on the system.

This is not anything to worry about, the real-time shields still scan anything on execute.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay