Author Topic: MS Office Outlook 2007 Random Connection Issues  (Read 7063 times)

Offline oliveira56

Re: MS Office Outlook 2007 Random Connection Issues
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2018, 05:21:25 PM »
I have the same problem since the last Avast update.
I use Outlook 2016 and the error does not appear on all accounts. Apparently it's only in accounts that are managed by outlook.com (hotmail, etc).
The solution I found to be able to send and receive emails from those accounts, was to temporarily turn off all Avast shields.
I hope Avast solves this problem because we all know that email is a great tool for virus propagation.
With the shields off, we have to cross our fingers and hope nothing happens.

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2018, 05:39:50 PM »
I have the same problem since the last Avast update.
I use Outlook 2016 and the error does not appear on all accounts. Apparently it's only in accounts that are managed by outlook.com (hotmail, etc).
The solution I found to be able to send and receive emails from those accounts, was to temporarily turn off all Avast shields.
I hope Avast solves this problem because we all know that email is a great tool for virus propagation.
With the shields off, we have to cross our fingers and hope nothing happens.
Sorry, that's bad advice.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline oliveira56

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2018, 04:05:40 PM »
Yes, it's a bad advice but it is the solution for sending and receiving e-mails from outlook.com while Avast doesn't solve this bug.

I turn off the shields for 10 minutes, I send and receive the emails and re-enable the shields. It works perfectly

I'm using Outlook 2016 and Avast Premier

By the way, when I searched Google for the reason for this error, one of the solutions I found was precisely this one but with Norton Antivirus.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 04:12:13 PM by oliveira56 »

Offline Vapor

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2018, 01:39:33 AM »
Yes, it's a bad advice but it is the solution for sending and receiving e-mails from outlook.com while Avast doesn't solve this bug.

I turn off the shields for 10 minutes, I send and receive the emails and re-enable the shields. It works perfectly

I'm using Outlook 2016 and Avast Premier

By the way, when I searched Google for the reason for this error, one of the solutions I found was precisely this one but with Norton Antivirus.

It's the SSL scanning that's what causing the connection breakage. If your ISP uses SSL encryption security, which most non public web base  clients do somehow avast has to come up with work around that without compromising to much of security.

So far I haven't got much help, I mean, with fixing it, the support have reached out which was nice  but with no solution, supposedly within next update(s) that might get fix, lest wait and see.

I understand that some things might take time, so I'm not complaining, to be fair I just reported this so I can wait, but I have hopes for this to be resolved.

Offline Vapor

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2018, 06:28:58 PM »
Well....2 updates later  and still no fix, I'm wondering if there ever will be as there are few other people in here that have exact same issue and their issues were never addressed, still random blocks from connecting  ;D :(
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 02:35:17 AM by Vapor »

Offline oliveira56

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2018, 03:26:35 PM »
Hi Vapor

Since last Avast update, my outlook 2016 is working fine.

Try this configuration:

- Incoming Server 995
- Outgoing Server 25
- Encrypted Connection TLS

Offline Vapor

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2018, 06:36:19 PM »
Hi Vapor

Since last Avast update, my outlook 2016 is working fine.

Try this configuration:

- Incoming Server 995
- Outgoing Server 25
- Encrypted Connection TLS

Thanks for the suggestion but  that's not how it works. The incoming/outgoing ports #'s and encryption connection is set by ISP's so changing any of that will defeat the protection and/or might not even work and if it does you opening yourself for venerability, that's worse then shutting down SSL scanning.

Btw. who is your ISP if you don't mind, usually as soon as you change this settings you wont be able to connect/access  your mail.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 06:42:14 PM by Vapor »

Offline oliveira56

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2018, 08:55:17 PM »
I think the ISP is not important in this case (anyway, mine is BT-British Telecom).
In the past I had a problem with an account managed by outlook.com and the solution was to go through the web and create an alias. Have you tried it?
You have Rogers email that is managed by Yahoo. Right?
Already gone to the forum? There are several complaints about your problem

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Rogers-Yahoo-mail-login-issues/td-p/416701
or this one
https://ca.help.yahoo.com/kb/rogers/SLN3223.html

Offline Vapor

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2018, 09:18:06 PM »
I think the ISP is not important in this case (anyway, mine is BT-British Telecom).
In the past I had a problem with an account managed by outlook.com and the solution was to go through the web and create an alias. Have you tried it?
You have Rogers email that is managed by Yahoo. Right?
Already gone to the forum? There are several complaints about your problem

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Rogers-Yahoo-mail-login-issues/td-p/416701
or this one
https://ca.help.yahoo.com/kb/rogers/SLN3223.html

How did you figure that!! you couldn't be more wrong, sorry, but ISP is very important in this case, they all take different approach how you login to your mail. In fact my nephew uses Rogers  and he just recently ditched avast due to exact the same issue, he started using Kaspersky and without altering anything within Outlook itself and Rogers setting now he  has no issues.

On the other hand I have been using Rogers for a very long time and  avast pro for ...hmmm since version 4, its been long time and I have never had issues with Outlook until avast started playing with their add-ons, so this is strictly avast issue.

I have reported this about month ago and if this will not get fixed , I don't think my wife want to run her mail av scanner half crippled so I have to look at different options.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 10:16:31 PM by Vapor »

Offline Vapor

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2018, 04:58:22 PM »
Well. I didn't wan to post unless I was positive that It works without glitches.

Almost a week ago I switched to Kaspersky AV and no issues of any kind with my wife's 2007 Outlook  :)

I have Outlook on my personal PC and I was thinking for a while now of using it for my work rather than what I'm using now "Hotmail", it seems that avast not taking any approach doing anything to fix that  ;)

I got 2 emails from supposedly support and all I have been told that I already knew when i looked in the logs that there were no conflicts and no sign of any blockage, yet by disabling SSL scanning in avast shield resolves the issue so you tell me  :) and  Ive been also told that hopefully with next version maybe...MAYBE that will be fixed..sure  :) but I guess that is the easiest way for them to basically tell me " we don't know how to fix it, so we can't help you"

For now I'm sticking with Kasperski, maybe by the end of the trial I might get their deal. I like avast and I've been with them for ages, but seems there is lack of help and solutions to still existing issues  :)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 05:22:48 PM by Vapor »

Offline Vapor

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2018, 07:15:56 AM »
Over the years of using avast pro on several of my systems and always getting licenses for 3 years I was always able to overlook at the small glitches here and there that would occasionally arise, this time is definitely different and the way i feel.

After reporting the same  issue I have with the Outlook and the connection issues to mail server  now on 3 of my stems and waiting for the solution for weeks, I have been brushed off and totally ignored...nice avast!! you really showing your true colors and what you really about.

I was able to ignore some things but after seen here and other places other people complain about the support been clueless most of the time and worse, ignorant, I will be stupid to keep supporting thins company.

Guys here at the forum!! this frustration and attract its not towards you, its nothing personal, this is directed at the bigger guys at the avast company and the support system that obviously don't give a wrath. I wouldn't be this windup but the support I have received so far is no support at all, its ignorant and that i can not digest.

Have a good day and good luck dealing with this ongoing avast nonsense.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 07:18:28 AM by Vapor »