Author Topic: google option missing from mac software how to sync from google now  (Read 9143 times)

REDACTED

I know there was an issue with the mac software and google signin.  Its just updated and now there is no option for google.  My windows box has died.  It was signed in using google and since the mac would not the passwords were never synced over.  How to I get these passwords into my mac version?

Thanks
Lee

REDACTED

Re: google option missing from mac software how to sync from google now
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 01:23:06 PM »
Ok apologies just seen that if same email used for google is used on avast logon all should sync,  So far so good.  dont have another device to authorise with so using the email and it then want s the master password but will not except it.  Only ever used 2 passwords so not sure whats going on here.  Anyone any ideas?

Thanks

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 10:13:10 AM »
This option has been removed as team providing component handling for login via google was not able provide us working version for couple of months. As it was not working we have decided to remove this option to not confuse our users. We will put it back once we get working component from the team taking care of that.
For synchronization you need to have password set on your account regardless login option you choose so once you all have that set, you can interchange login via google with login via email for synchronization enabling.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 04:31:15 PM »
@martin Kvetko
Thanks for the info.  im stuck with adding my mac to the existing data,  I dont have another device to authorise and the only passwords ive used dont work when using the recover email.  Not sure where to go with this now?

Thanks
Lee

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 11:01:50 AM »
The password you should use for backup link is password of first device joined to your synchronization group. In your case it was some Android phone (Sony) joined 13th October 2017. It may be you have used PIN instead of password. If you can't remember the password the only option to continue using same account is synchronization reset which will lead to loose of backed up data.