Author Topic: ambiguity between Avast Premium and Avast Cleanup Premium (in french shop)  (Read 1841 times)

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Hi,
to avast team:
since "GrimeFighter" became "Cleanup Premium" a large number of French users confuse "Premier"  (wrongly called "Premium" in the French shop) with "Cleanup Premium".
French shop
Would it not be possible to change "Premium" to "Premier" in the French shop display of the Avast antivirus suite to distinguish from the cleaning product "Cleanup Premium"?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Hi Chris, see...

What's new
As we plan to consolidate our AV portfolio to just Free Antivirus and Premium Security we changed Premier to Premium Security (features stay the same)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Thanks Asyn,

In this case avast could delete the word "premium" in "Cleanup Premium", I think it's superfluous except to embellish the shop.
It doesn't seem that there is more than one "cleanup" version offered by avast?
Or why not "Secureline Premium" , "Password Premium" , "driver updater Premium" , ........

Personally, these names do not bother me, but - I repeat - it is very often necessary to explain the difference to the members of the French section who say, for example: I have a "Premium" license but the product does not want to clean my files, it tells me that I must buy the product.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Personally I think it is time that Avast separated the fluff (non security stuff) from the totally antivirus stuff.

I mean just what the hell is going to be in the behemoth that will be Avast Premium, will it have all of these other premium/premier products.  Or will that be trying to sell all of these in the (not so) Smart Scan.

Will ads for other Avast, 3rd party products be disabled by default not opt-out.

Confusion reigns.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security