Author Topic: Lost all my passwords registered in avas and I 'm lost  (Read 2698 times)

REDACTED

Lost all my passwords registered in avas and I 'm lost
« on: April 04, 2018, 07:53:06 PM »
Help help help :'(
My pc crashed and I lost all my passwords registred in password manage. Is there any solution to recover my passwords ? I'm really lost because I forgot them. I have recovered my HD with all files (inluding old avast file). plz I need help
thx in advance for your answers

REDACTED

Re: Lost all my passwords registered in avas and I 'm lost
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 09:06:12 PM »
I'm having the same problem. When I open the password inside of Avast it gives me this error 0x800900BU.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 12:25:39 AM »
i think that our problem is quite serious  we have not had any answers  :P :P :P
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 02:04:27 AM by Mehdi22 »

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 01:14:03 PM »
I'm afraid that there is no simple and maybe even possible solution for your issue.
Our product is designed to be secure so we don't have any mechanizm how to reset the password on local storage. There is also implemented copy protection so even if you recover files they are not simply transferable  to another windows installation.
If you would have synchronization enabled, you could start from scratch recovering data from backup but it is most likely not your case.

If you successfully recovered your HDD does that mean that you able run Windows and login to windows account you have used before?

If so then you shouldn't see such error. If you would use Microsoft account for login to windows then you should be able copy the data and you should be able unlock it.

This error typically occurs when someone else that the users changes user's password for windows account (typically admins can do that)