Consumer Products > Avast Free Antivirus / Premium Security (legacy Pro Antivirus, Internet Security, Premier)

Possible Laptop or Avast Issue not sure which

(1/1)

Patrick2:
Hi All

Today decided to stick with Avast for my antivirus protection, despite local shop tech recommended on newer gaming laptop i stick with Windows Defender, anyhow properly turned off Windows Defender Pua protection, removed game exclusion from Defender, restarted, reinstall Avast with offline installer, after install restarted, opened it up after restart, and went to read my exclusions for a game that requires them, and stupid UI froze twice, finally got it,  but wondering why it froze if there is a way to figure that out?, not sure if there is, was no error message or not, just spinning circle, and froze solid, restated twice, and finally got the exclusions readded

OS
WIndows 10 Home x64 16299.309
SSD 128gb
1tb storage
Intel HD 630
Nvidia Geforce 1050 TI 4gb
(Laptop purchased December 24th)

bob3160:
There is always a slight delay after opening the UI and the time it fully displays.
That delay is usually the longest after a new install.

Patrick2:
Yeah learned that, but seems to be working all fine now, just only froze up twice, and otherwise good now.    Sticking with Avast Free on the systems now

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version