Author Topic: AVAST SECURE BROWSER  (Read 6460 times)

REDACTED

AVAST SECURE BROWSER
« on: March 22, 2018, 01:22:06 PM »
How can I get an older version mine just seemed to disappear after a clean-up .Plz Help I lost alot of my stuff and I'm at my wits end to get it back even tried to do a system restore with no luck .

REDACTED

Re: AVAST SECURE BROWSER
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 08:25:51 PM »
I'm having the same problem. My icon has disappeared from my desktop and so I can't go online and get my bookmarks. Anybody HELP!

Offline ondrejz

• Browser QA Team
  • Avast team
    • Avast Secure Browser
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 04:35:48 PM »
hello,

I am sorry to hear that. Please could you tell me if you can find Avast Secure Browser or SafeZone in your start menu or on desktop?

What operating system and Avast version do you have?

Please can you check Program files and Program Files (x86) if you can find anything about Avast browser?

If you find the browser, please can you open it and choose your preferred settings in the popup (that should appear right after start). SafeZone bookmarks should be imported anyway..

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 04:51:16 PM by ondrejz »

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 01:34:52 PM »
hello, my avast premiun stop working (UI failed to download) I followed the instructions, Downloaded avast cleaner and avast setup off line. I uninstalled the old version and installed a new one. Now I can not find avast safe zone. I learned there is a new version (avast secure zone) coming soon. Is there any way to get my old version meantime??
Thanks

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 02:35:21 PM »
I learned there is a new version (avast secure zone) coming soon. Is there any way to get my old version meantime??
Thanks
Nope, afaik.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline cruiser25

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 09:55:19 PM »
Hi

I´m using avast pro antivirus. For quite a long time there have been said that a new version of a safe zone browser will be launched. But as far as I know nothing happened. I have a question. I have the old Safe Zone Browser installed. Is it still safe to use it on for example banking and shopping sites ? I don´t think it gets any updates more ? When I check for updates it responds that I get the latest updates. But I think that the latest update was quite a while ago.

Please respond.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 06:55:32 AM »
Hi

I´m using avast pro antivirus. For quite a long time there have been said that a new version of a safe zone browser will be launched.
-> https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=218000.0
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 01:39:51 AM »
Hello,
I am having the same problem as Tammy51 & jerrymarylin2000  :o
The "Avast Secure Browser" installed itself without a warning, the old "SafeZone" was overwritten so it seems, as I cannot open SafeZone at all, nor find any backup for the bookmarks. Not one bookmark was imported (as ondrejz wrote). They all seem to be lost   :(
I've got the ones from other browser though.

Is there any solution to this, as the bookmarks are very important to me (and my work)!

Any Help is appreciated!

Thankyou!  :)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 01:45:29 AM by 245bee »

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2018, 01:43:24 PM »
Hello
Same problem here.
SafeZone browser was upgraded to avast secure browser.
All bookmarks lost. I managed to find them as a bookmarks and bookmarks.bak file on the appdata path but I can’t find a way to import them to the new version. When doing an import on the new version I get a message that it was not possible to do the bookmarks import. Can we know which path is searched by the new secured browser to import the safe zone browser bookmarks?
Please help.

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2018, 07:39:01 AM »
Hello
Same problem here.
SafeZone browser was upgraded to avast secure browser.
All bookmarks lost. I managed to find them as a bookmarks and bookmarks.bak file on the appdata path but I can’t find a way to import them to the new version. When doing an import on the new version I get a message that it was not possible to do the bookmarks import. Can we know which path is searched by the new secured browser to import the safe zone browser bookmarks?
Please help.

The path is "C:\Users\(YourUserNameHere)\AppData\Local\AVAST Software\Browser\User Data\Default"
You also need to shut the Avast self-protect option so it will accept your paste

It's kinda weird that Avast think it's proper way to not provide any convert options while made the program did it silently(uninstall&install), took me a while to figure how to replace the default folder, and I'm so happy that it is compatible since both of the browser are Chrome based, at least the new one supports the plugins that Chrome can use though, maybe I should find one that can backup my profiles for me, the data in my browser just too important to be gone
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 07:41:19 AM by GRVIII BVIII MVIII »

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2018, 09:34:17 PM »
I Tried putting the files on the path you mentioned and did an import but nothing was imported....

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2018, 08:20:58 AM »
I Tried putting the files on the path you mentioned and did an import but nothing was imported....

Sorry for the late reply, are you sure you got your bookmark from 'C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Browser\SZBProfiles\(Your User Name)'?
(Which is the path of the old browser, a bit hidden actually)