Author Topic: Cleanup Premium finding large junk files  (Read 3301 times)

Offline lee277

Cleanup Premium finding large junk files
« on: March 28, 2018, 09:00:08 PM »
Avast's Cleanup Premium scan found several data areas that it refers to as system junk. The one in particular that stood out was labeled Win Backup Files size 223 GB. All of my data and image backups are saved on a removable usb drive. What might these Win Backup Files be and where could they be located ? 223 GB is a pretty sizeable  chunk of data.

REDACTED

Re: Cleanup Premium finding large junk files
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 11:41:29 AM »
I also have this problem.
Curiously, the same data amount of 223MB (not GB) is also identified as as system junk.

Cleanup hangs -or takes a long time- to move on from 75% scanned when scanning for "system junk" files, and it's a slow crawl toward 100% scanned from that point forward.

I also see that Windows Module Installer and Worker begins grinding away after each cleanup use.
Is it possible that Cleanup is detecting and removing something that Windows does not want removed or is possibly essential for Windows?

This topic was raised March 28; it's now May 26 and no responses from mods or other users almost 2 months later.

What to do?

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Cleanup Premium finding large junk files
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 09:29:26 AM »
Hi,

This might be a glitch in our cleaning mechanism.

However in order to be able to help you I would like to ask you to send the log files so we can investigate where the problem is.
You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files (x86)\AVAST Software\Avast Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe.
Just please add your email address there so we can join the logs with your report here.

Thank you.