Author Topic: Kerio 4.3.246 Simple or Advanced Mode?  (Read 17396 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Kerio 4.3.246 Simple or Advanced Mode?
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2006, 03:19:22 PM »
Sorry the doubled, off-topic post, but is anyone experiencing shutdown messages with this Kerio version?
The 'old' 4.2.3 works perfectly but now I'm getting a error like "kpf4gui.exe: the workstation is shuting down".  :-\
The best things in life are free.

crofty59

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2006, 05:02:22 AM »
Hi Tech

Yes i am getting it as-well.

Check out this link below may help

http://www.castlecops.com/t156830-Sunbelt_KPF_4_3_246_Released.html

Cheers

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2006, 05:21:55 AM »
Thanks, Crofty.
I'm not alone... anyway, this is ridiculous... there is no support or a patch to correct it  :P :'(

Application popup: kpf4gui.exe - DLL Initialization Failed : The application failed to initialize because the window station is shutting down.
I wonder if they tested it before to release it, because this error is easy to discover: you have a windows xp error message when you log-off. 

I Reported this to support 4 days ago and I was told:
1. My license was expired-wrong.
2. Then told to remove the prior version and try again-did not work
3. They sent me a new key-still the same problem.
4. They told me that I was the only person that was having this problem.
5. I escalated it to the manager.
6. Was told the same for two days.
7. And yesterday they ack. that other users had the problem.

If I did not pay the 19.95 I would be done with KPF.

Bad press for Kerio  :P :P

roro

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2006, 09:12:31 AM »
I haven't had any problems so far, but I have not bought the program.
Is this only happening with the licensed version?

Ro Ro 8) 8)

neal62

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2006, 12:04:19 AM »
I just talked to a Kerio Tech concerning this issue you guys have been talking about. I have an older version and right now of course don't have this problem. This pop up message that appears when Windows is shutting down IS a BUG with this version. But "Bill" the Technician said it is totally harmless, does NOT affect the protection capability of the program.
   He also said that this pop up does not appear on all Win Xp machines. So, I have the option of downloading the new version or staying with the older one I now have. Just wanted to pass on this information that I just got from talking on the phone with this Technician.  :)

neal62

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2006, 01:50:09 AM »
Just a follow up. I went ahead and downloaded the new version 4.3.246 over the TOP of my older version 4.2.3. I have shut my pc down several times since then and have NOT experienced the pop up that some of you see. So, I guess it's like the tech stated in that it's NOT happening to everyone who is using WinXp. This version is also suppose to use alot less band width if using the "Web Filter" blocking feature.

Edit: Well, now I AM getting this error pop up box also. I was told though that it's harmless and doesn't affect the operational part of the firewall. It took about 4 more shutdown/restarts of my pc before this box appeared.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 03:57:28 AM by neal63 »

crofty59

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2006, 06:21:08 AM »
Hi neal63

Thanks very much for the time and effort you have put into your reply.

I think this is a great firewall .

cheers

neal62

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2006, 07:43:07 AM »
crofty59,

Your more than welcome. Yes, I enjoy using the product. I am going to call the same company tech tomorrow and find out from him if there will be an update or patch that will eliminate this pop up box. Have a great day.  :) The message that is displayed states "The application failed to initiliaze because the Windows station is shutting down." kp4gui .exe error which has already been mentioned.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 07:56:51 AM by neal63 »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2006, 01:56:27 PM »
It is totally harmless, does NOT affect the protection capability of the program.
So...  ::) 8)
Hope they correct the bug. Both 'clean' installation and 'update from the older version' give me the error message at shutdown  :'(

neal62

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2006, 05:59:13 PM »
I was able to talk to the same technician today about this bug. When I asked him if there was going to be a patch or a new build to correct it he stated he wasn't sure what action would be taken. He did however once again reassure me that it's a harmless issue that doesn't affect the way the firewall functions.  :)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 06:04:19 PM by neal63 »

Billg

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2006, 06:44:19 PM »
The KPF4GUI.EXE error is a documented issue, we have had quite a few customers send in logs regarding the issue, and currently development is looking through them to determine a cause, and a solution. I cannot tell you for sure if this problem is going to be resolved via a patch in the near future or if is going to have to wait for the next build of Kerio.

As far as the BSOD issue, which has been mentioned earlier in this thread, this issue has been resolved in the most recent release (build 4.3.246), and was actually a problem in Kerio's original code.

I realize that the GUI issue is a nuisance, however this problem in no way impairs the programs functionality, nor does it cause any harm to the users system. I just wanted to touch base with you all and let you know that we are working on the issue.

Warm Regards,

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2006, 07:07:42 PM »
I realize that the GUI issue is a nuisance, however this problem in no way impairs the programs functionality, nor does it cause any harm to the users system. I just wanted to touch base with you all and let you know that we are working on the issue.
Thanks... welcome... and keep the good work on the very best firewall  8)

neal62

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2006, 08:38:46 PM »
To Billg,

Thank you Bill for clearing this issue up for alot of folks.
I appreciate your help with me in our phone conversations. Sunbelt K.P.F.W. does have customer support contrary to other Internet locations that say otherwise. Have a nice day.  This is a great program.  :)

crofty59

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2006, 01:59:33 PM »
To Billg,

I also send my thanks for a top Firewall, love it.

Cheers

CharleyO

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2006, 06:37:29 AM »

It is always nice to see a posting from a person involved with a product when some are having a problem.    :)