Author Topic: Didn't want Cleanup, somehow charged, can't disable autorenew or find cancel opt  (Read 1899 times)

REDACTED

I just wanted to try the free antivirus option.  Somehow I got charged $49.99 for the cleanup license that I do not remember consciously trying to purchase, so must have hit an accidental button?  Which is rather misleading if it's that easy to accidentally buy something you don't want.  Tried to set up an account, and go in and cancel this.  There doesn't seem to be a cancel option, so I tried to disable the auto renew (which I also didn't ask for) option, but it spun its wheels for a while and then told me it couldn't cancel auto renew, and provided a support page link which gave me

"Message from Avast I.T. Department (404 page)
There seems to be a problem with this page. In the meantime, click below."

Which goes back to the home page.  That gives me an option to search cancel, and instructions to go on Google Playstore to cancel my subscription.  However, this doesn't show up there, even though my account in Avast shows the auto renew is on...

I have not activated this service yet, I don't want it and just want a refund and cancellation of this.  How do I go about this.

Thanks!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

Thank you!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
You're welcome.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0