Author Topic: im not happy with my purchase of avast interne security and premium cleanup.  (Read 1362 times)

REDACTED

I am honestly not very happy about my purchase for avast internet security and premium clean up. fair enough it has detected a few things and cleared it out but that is also partially my problem. I just now decided to try Malwarebytes on the side by it and considering avast uses the same features as Malwarebytes, malware bytes was able to find things that avast wasn't. one file was detected in my windows system directory for god sake and yet avast never caught on it? I am shocked by how badly optimised it is and wished I never purchased it. one major part of clean-up is the registry cleaner, after clearing the registry with avast, malware bytes still found plenty on the registry once again, even in the important OS registry entries. I'm really not happy with this. if I'm honest I think avast is honestly a waste of my money and I wont be buying another license again.

REDACTED

anyone at avast that can be bothered?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 02:03:18 PM »
can avast really not bother with their product? at this point if its not finding half of the things Malwarebytes free, yes Malwarebytes free is then I want a refund.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
1. NO security program have 100% detection or zero false positives

2. You give no info (logs) of what was detetced by avast / Malwarebytes so it is difficult to comment ... guessing MBAM found some PUP

3. It is also difficult comparing findings from a log because they may not display it similar. Some programs may list evry strain that pup or malware made in your computer but others only list it as one detection so it will then look as the one that list evry trace found lots more

Also be avare that Malwarebytes is not a antivirus, it does not target real virus (file infectors) it also does not target, doc, media or script files. Malwarebytes target executable files, and they want fresh samples not older then 3 months

Refund info is found here  >>  https://support.avast.com/en-eu/article/Order-Renew-FAQ

« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 05:06:03 PM by Pondus »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
You're also mixing up things, Cleanup is not intended to clean malware - it's an optimizing tool.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0