Author Topic: allowing "malware" to work  (Read 3958 times)

DRAGLYAR

allowing "malware" to work
« on: June 16, 2006, 05:41:05 PM »
Hi all

I didn't find answer to this (I think) very important question: how do I allow a program to continue working, if avast says it's malware? I'm trying a program called "Cashfiesta" and it finds its cashbar.dll is adware. Well, it's an adware, but I want it running!!! How do I make avast allow exactly this dll running? (Don't tell me to stop the resident protection, I have enough problems with viruses already)

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: allowing "malware" to work
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 05:45:33 PM »
Put the path to this file into the exclusion list of Standard Shield provider (and possibly also into the exclusion list of the on-demand scanner).

MacDada

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 12:06:55 PM »
Hi!

First, sorry for my bad English... ;-) I'm from Poland.

I use CashFiesta surfbar and I used to have Avast. I don't have it now, because it blocks CashFiesta. When I run CS Avast says that it's "Reklamiarz", which I think in English is "ad-ware". I can't do any action to make Avast not to block it.

I tried to make CashFiesta folder as a "safe path", but  Avast Help says that it works only when you scan your HDD. It doesn't stop blocking running programs (like my CS).

What can I do to use CashFiesta and Avast together?

I know that CS can be lost of time, but I want to try it, so don't tell me not to use CashFiesta.

Thx for your help.
David Nowak

..::ReVaN::..

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 01:29:14 PM »
Did you put the file in the exclusion list in the standard shield like Igor said ?

I must say i don't understand why you would want to run this program since it's clearly a scam ???

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2006, 01:55:17 PM »
What can I do to use CashFiesta and Avast together?
David, Polonus should have answered you better than I...
Anyway, if you realy want to keep a spyware in your computer, you could add it to avast Exclusion lists:

For the Standard Shield provider (on-access scanning):
Left click the 'a' blue icon, click on the provider icon at left and then Customize.
Go to Advanced tab and click on Add button...

For the other providers (on-demmand scanning):
Right click the 'a' blue icon, click Program Settings.
Go to Exclusions tab and click on Add button...

You can use wildcards like * and ?.
But be carefull, you should 'exclude' that many files that let your system in danger.
The best things in life are free.

MacDada

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2006, 03:01:41 PM »
OK, thx guys, now it works! :)

I know that CS can be dangerous and lots of people say that CS doesn't pay, but I want to try. One month of clicking from time to time is not too much - if it works, it will be cool. If it doesn't... than nothing. I'll just delete this program from my comp and will tell my friends not to download it.  :)