Author Topic: Synchronizing Avast Passwords data but l can't receive email about"Restore"  (Read 5366 times)

REDACTED

dear Avast team:
          l don't have access to any of previously synchronized devices and are therefore unable to authorize synchronization with a new device, now l want to restore a backup of my Avast Passwords data to self-authorize your device. Sadly ,l can't find the previously email from Avast Software with the subject about backup identity and click the Restore link. so l thinke my mail box can't receive this email. Because of the need for work, I want to synchronize my password immediately.Please help me, my avast ID is qq676038060@icloud.com

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
We have sent you the email on 3rd of November 2016 if you can't find it then it may end up in Spam folder and now is deleted. There is no recovery option as the email was only place containing the information required for self-authorization process. We can resend the email as we don't keep this data due to security reasons.
The only option to start synchronization with this account is synchronization group reset performed on our end. It will result in data deletion we keep on our server so will not able recover it back even if you find the email. If you want to do reset. Please turn off synchronization on all devices you currently have and then send me a request for reset from email account you are requesting reset for to my email kvetko@avast.com, I will reply you back once I do the reset and then you can start from scratch.

REDACTED

We have sent you the email on 3rd of November 2016 if you can't find it then it may end up in Spam folder and now is deleted. There is no recovery option as the email was only place containing the information required for self-authorization process. We can resend the email as we don't keep this data due to security reasons.
The only option to start synchronization with this account is synchronization group reset performed on our end. It will result in data deletion we keep on our server so will not able recover it back even if you find the email. If you want to do reset. Please turn off synchronization on all devices you currently have and then send me a request for reset from email account you are requesting reset for to my email kvetko@avast.com, I will reply you back once I do the reset and then you can start from scratch.
92/5000 
Hello, I'm from a non-english speaking country. I'm sure I can't find the email I received before. You mean I can send you an email to reset my Password app information, but the Code that I uploaded to the cloud before will be deleted, right?

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
Yes, the reset of synchronization group will result in cloud data deletion.

REDACTED

[quote author=qq676038060
to authorize synchronization with a new device, backup of my Avast Passwords data to self-authorize your device. Sadly ,l can't find the previously email from Avast Software with the subject about backup identity and click the Restore link.
[/quote]

That is the same here. Now i have an Windows PC with premiere, an Galaxy S8+  an Galaxy E tablet, any of them where formerly synchronized. Due to the Crash of the Windows PC, I had to install there premiere (I bought in between) an therein Passwords.)
Now I have three Machines witch had beed Synchronized, and when I try to fix it, I have on each of them  "Ausstehende Autorisierung für Konto" and "Ihr Genehmigungscode ist" followed by 687459 or something else.
But the first Synchronisation (was in Winsdows PC) was some Years ago, dont know how many, and i dit not store the Mail with "Restore". I did not know, that this Mail should be as imporant.

Best regards
Walter41

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
Your last sync is recorder at 28 of February 2018. Since then it seems you have lost synchronization on all trusted devices which is very unfortunate as if you don't have backup email there is no way how to add your current devices to your synchronization group. I see couple of samsung phones which are still trusted, but not active for couple of months so there might be the chance that you still have some of your previous phones with avast passwords joined to synchronization.

REDACTED

Hi.
I have the same issue as the others here. I miss my Backup Identity email and have no trusted devices any more as i know of. What to do??

REDACTED

hi i have the same problem, recently i have change my device but unable to restore my backup and i also can't find Avast Software with the subject Your backup identity and click the Restore link. I really hope that i could recover it but if unable to recover my data from the cloud hope i can still use synchronization on my new device.