Author Topic: Feature Requests (Mac Avast Business AntiVirus)  (Read 1720 times)

REDACTED

Feature Requests (Mac Avast Business AntiVirus)
« on: April 06, 2018, 10:00:47 PM »
I have several features that I could see as being beneficial for my org with the Mac version of Avast Business AnitVirus.  These features build upon each other and can be resolved in various different means (I suspect).

• I have been unable to download a new version of Avast Business for quite some time now.  The latest I can download from our Cloud Console is v12.9.  (I've read some comments on here that v12 may be compatible with older versions of macOS?  If this is true, then being able to download multiple versions would be a benefit as well.)
  • The "installer" created from the web console is not an enterprise friendly/deployable format.  i.e.  We can't just take the .pkg (from the .dmg) and deploy it.  Even though we're downloading the "non-interactive" installer.  I essentially have to re-package the download to be able to deploy it through our management tool.
  • The license included with the installer is a temporary license only valid from date of "creation."  So roughly every 30 days we would have to create a new installer to add to our management tool, for deployment to new clients.  This is silly if the version hasn't changed.  It would be great if the license was "active" for 30 (or even 5-10) days from "time of install" instead of creation.  We have automated deployments going at all times of the day and night.  We are not manually installing this and then able to immediately going to the Web Console to "activate."
  • I've been unable to find any documentation to suggest alternatives for the Mac product.  Am I missing something or does it not exist?

Would anyone else find these features beneficial in their environments?