Author Topic: AVAST CHARGE MY CREDIT CARD WITHOUT AUTHORISATION - Auto Renewal turned off  (Read 10498 times)

REDACTED

Avast Employees - I have sent through two tickets reference no 06356146 and 06361530, I strongly suggest you read them and action them immediately.

You did not have authority to charge my credit card and yes I turned my auto renewal off and received an email from Avast advising that it would not be automatically renewed and it wasnt but you still took money from me.  It was the last cent I had and my back account sits in minus.  Im unable to buy food or put petrol in my car to get to work.  Under the Banking Act you are required to compensate me for any loss suffered by me as a result of error and fraudulent charge to my credit card.  I noticed you are asking many disgruntled customers to be patience, I dont have that luxury.  You should never have charged my card and you need to rectify your error immediately.

Failing which legal proceedings will be issued by 9.30 am AEST.  I will be claiming my legal fees to be paid, compensation for lost wages and superannuation and further costs to compensate me for being denied a basic necessity, food.    I will also be requesting that the government bodies who oversee the fair trading of companies conduct a full investigation in your trading and I will be notifying ASIC of your failure to comply with your legal responsibilities and non compliance of the Fair Trading Act.  This will result in Avast's ability to trade in Australia to be suspended until the investigation is complete.

I will not be renewing any of my other AVAST products and I will never purchase from AVAST again and I will be advising everyone of my bad experience with AVAST and their inability to rectify its mistake although it wont matter if you can no longer trade in Australia.  You shouldnt be trading anyway.  Seeing as you cant control your own internal software to run correctly and effectively, how can you expect anyone to purchase your software and to be confident it will actually do the job you claim it will do.  I for one, have no confidence your products actually work and will be conduct test on the software I have to ensure it is actually protecting my PC.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Hi, I reported it for you.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

Oh and in any event, the free trial period ended on 20 March 2018 and you have advised that it can be cancelled anytime up to the experation, why would you charge my card before the free trial period was even over.  You jumped the gun by about 10 days.   Is it usually practice to charge customers credit cards well before the expiration if the free trial?  Its deceptive conduct given you claim no charge will be made until the free trial period has finished.  Why was this done?

REDACTED

http://avastscam.com/tell-us-your-story/

So many stories of AVAST scamming Aussies just this year too.  And this is why you will no longer be allowed to trade in Australia and I will be issuing proceedings by 9.30 am if I the money is not in my account as cleared funds by 9am tomorrow AEST.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
And this is why you will no longer be allowed to trade in Australia and I will be issuing proceedings by 9.30 am if I the money is not in my account as cleared funds by 9am tomorrow AEST.
Threats won't help...
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

I have now issued court proceedings.  It was no threat.

You stole money off me and have not returned it.  You will never be able to sell in Australia again after I am done with you.

You currently owe me just a little over $1800

REDACTED

ASIC have now been notified your company's registration to trade will be soon be suspended

REDACTED

And I have lodged an unauthorised transaction dispute with my bank and they will be conducting a full investigation into AVAST.  You now have legal proceedings, government bodies and financial institutions investigating you!

REDACTED

How is that for a threat??  Is it still a threat if Ive actually done it?  Good luck and good bye to AVAST ripping off anymore Aussies!!

Offline Vladimir Hornicek

• Avast team
  • Customer Retention Supervisor
Let me please clarify your situation.

Avast do not sell any licenses directly to customers.

Especially we never charge any customer without their consent.

Your renewal was processed by our distributor - company Digital River Ireland Ltd.

Core of your issue is that you signed-up for a TRIAL of our Avast Multidev. VPN license and did not cancel its auto-renewal feature.

This license is free (full version of this product) for two months with an active auto-renewal feature.

You never canceled auto-renewal for this order. Auto-renewal feature was canceled when your order was refunded based on your request in our support portal.

This order is associated with an email address ...@icloud.com not ...@outlook.com

Email addresses probably created whole confusion for you because you did place same trial license for your ...@outlook.com account where auto-renewal was canceled before the charge.

Avast is not responsible for any overdraft fees charged by your bank.