Author Topic: Avast UI Fails after Windows 10 Update (Spring Update) 1803  (Read 66660 times)

REDACTED

Re: Avast UI Fails after Windows 10 Update (Spring Update) 1803
« Reply #90 on: May 10, 2018, 07:55:03 PM »
Guys, from whom Avast gives out the error of loading the interface, use this program (https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Submit-support-file/) to generate a help file and write his number here.

REDACTED

« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2018, 08:07:10 PM »
Interesting...Avg seems to be a bit less affected by this bug. It still fails to load, but after a restart it gets up and running and stays that way.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 08:19:37 PM by chaloja_no »

Offline victor290

« Reply #92 on: May 10, 2018, 10:23:47 PM »
Solution provided by support (in Portuguese), seems to be working so far:

1. Press Win and R and type services.msc, click OK
2. Under Services (Local) find Remote Desktop Services
3. Right click on that and select Properties
4. Under General TAB go to Startup Type and select Automatic
5. Apply and OK reboot the machine

Hope that helps. So far so good on my side, let's keep fingers crossed.

REDACTED

« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2018, 01:09:32 PM »
Starting Remote Desktop Services also helped before the first restart of the computer.

REDACTED

Simultaneously press the Win and R keys on your keyboard to run the Windows Services console, then type services.msc and click OK.
In the Services console, locate and right-click Remote Desktop Services and select Properties.
In the General tab, click the drop-down menu next to Startup type and select Automatic. Then click Apply to confirm changes.
NOTE: If the service stops running, click Start in the Service status section.

Restart your PC and try to open Avast Antivirus again.
The Avast Antivirus user interface should be loaded now.

any problems check it out here  https://support.avast.com/en-eu/article/Troubleshoot-Antivirus-UI-Failed-load

REDACTED

« Reply #95 on: May 12, 2018, 11:47:05 AM »
Simultaneously press the Win and R keys on your keyboard to run the Windows Services console, then type services.msc and click OK.
In the Services console, locate and right-click Remote Desktop Services and select Properties.
In the General tab, click the drop-down menu next to Startup type and select Automatic. Then click Apply to confirm changes.
NOTE: If the service stops running, click Start in the Service status section.

Restart your PC and try to open Avast Antivirus again.
The Avast Antivirus user interface should be loaded now.

any problems check it out here  https://support.avast.com/en-eu/article/Troubleshoot-Antivirus-UI-Failed-load
this does not work!

REDACTED

« Reply #96 on: May 12, 2018, 10:50:58 PM »
Same issue after 1803 install. Since Avast apparently doesn't have tech that understand the is time to witch to Malwarebytes.
I don't have the time to uninstallreinstall every other boot.

REDACTED

« Reply #97 on: May 12, 2018, 11:48:25 PM »
for me none of the tips works anymore and i would really appreciate a solution as the problem seems to occur to many other users.

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #98 on: May 13, 2018, 12:11:02 AM »
for me none of the tips works anymore and i would really appreciate a solution as the problem seems to occur to many other users.
Have you sent in the requested files ???
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

REDACTED

« Reply #99 on: May 13, 2018, 07:39:30 AM »
CONTROL FOLDER ACCESS HAS BEEN BLOCKED HENCE AVAST RETURNED TO NORMAL ransom ware and control folder in defender was on this morning prior to uninstalling using AVASTCLEANER.exe

IT FIXED PROBLEM NOW I HAVE YELLOW TYPED WORDINGS AGAIN WIN 10 ADMINISTRATION RIGHTS WONT ALLOW ME TO TURN ON REAL TIME PROTECTION WHY

Offline rento2

« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2018, 08:17:25 AM »
Best to Wait til the next version of Windows 10 is Final/officially released, as of right now only officially on Insider Fast/Slow and Release Preview ring, I'll admit I did try it on my insider release preview PC, 18.4 beta and have same issue with Ui, ended up removing and just relying on Windows Defender right now til 1803 is officially final
i fixed avast in control panel/uninstal/change/repair and reset computer now everything is  working

Offline rento2

« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2018, 08:57:47 AM »
restart PC not reset my bad...sorry :) anyway now its working i fixed it two times like that first when win 10 update spring rool out and yesterday afther avast update....

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2018, 10:02:58 AM »
CONTROL FOLDER ACCESS HAS BEEN BLOCKED HENCE AVAST RETURNED TO NORMAL ransom ware and control folder in defender was on this morning prior to uninstalling using AVASTCLEANER.exe

IT FIXED PROBLEM NOW I HAVE YELLOW TYPED WORDINGS AGAIN WIN 10 ADMINISTRATION RIGHTS WONT ALLOW ME TO TURN ON REAL TIME PROTECTION WHY

There is no need to shout (ALL CAPS) or switch off the CAPS LOCK key.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline SkilletSkool

« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2018, 05:55:27 AM »

1. Press Win and R and type services.msc, click OK
2. Under Services (Local) find Remote Desktop Services
3. Right click on that and select Properties
4. Under General TAB go to Startup Type and select Automatic
5. Apply and OK reboot the machine

I have ran into this as a fix on several places, including the Avast Support Link.  My main issue is that some of us have Remote Desktop DISABLED for security purposes... its a real thing, Google it.  Why does Avast force us to use this feature that has long been known to be a security threat and even recommended by security professionals to have disabled for a truly secure environment?!?  I truly don't understand how Remote Desktop would affect the UI unless it is a remote connection.

Enough about that as it becomes clearer with every Avast update that it has been trading off what it once was for analytics' gathering and 'security-by-the-masses' instead of the groundbreaking technology it used to represent.  Enough about that as well.

I have noticed several things going on when I end up with 'UI Fails To Load'...

• It is not always dependant upon a full start from being shut down or being recovered from sleep mode.  I have two machines that jump between both circumstances.
  • It is not always noted that the UI fails to load and I discovered this by hovering over the Avast icon after waking from sleep mode or starting up.  It takes a mintue or so to realize I am over it then it turns from the regular icon when everything is okay to one with a red x on it and when I try to open itthats when I get the message.
  • At times, I become aware of the situation in the above listed observed happening by my Windows Defender icon will suddenly go from a green check mark to a yellow exclamation and again the Avast icon will sometimes go to the red check mark and then other times it wont; upon the times it wont go to the red check mark I try to openn the interface by clicking on the icon in the taskbar and get nothing.  I can only get the UI to try and opne by going into Windows Defender, selecting the Firewall option and then clicking on 'Open Avast Antivirus' from there.
  • One last thing I have observed is my firewall is not always starting up in Avast and when that is the issue and I go turn it on, as soon as I recover from sleep mode or restart I end up back at the UI Fails To Load issue

Now I am no Avast developer but I think someone has found a way to disable Avast or the new update has a giant security issue.  I like the new interface, when I can get it to load.  I am concerned that my security product seems to require I have remote desktop enabled and running from years of knowing the risks that can generate.  Avast DOES need to come up with a fix or start looking to see if maybe there is more than just a bug going on here.  I will go submit the files but I don't have much faith in the process from reading all the complaints and this issue still so prevalent.

I hope that Avast gets it back together as at this pae Windows Defender results are starting to make it appealing to not worry about 3rd party protection.  At this point, if I could buy just the Avast Firewall I would.

On another note:  I have been faithfully using Avast since before htey even had a FW in 2.0.  We need to start taking better stock of people reporting on these forums issues with this product.  Yet I expect this forum has been taken over, for the most part, by those wanting to silence others from reporting genuine issues...now what could be their reason for that?  If I were a cyber-criminal orginazation, its what I would do.  >rant over<

Offline SkilletSkool

« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2018, 06:00:34 AM »
I will go submit the files but I don't have much faith in the process from reading all the complaints and this issue still so prevalent.

The main reason I don't have much faith is if it is an exploit, don't you think the makers might have thought we might use the tool and come up with a method to not let it submit accurate data?

Anyways, here is proof I submitted the info.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 06:05:00 AM by SkilletSkool »