Author Topic: Unable to cancel Avast Cleanup Premium free trial on the last day  (Read 161200 times)

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Unable to cancel Avast Cleanup Premium free trial on the last day
« Reply #195 on: December 02, 2019, 11:19:41 AM »
Hi,

i want to cancel the renewal of my licence please.
there is no buttons or whatever to do it.

Y5GUJE-SG5QXJ-42U93S

Hi,

the license you have provided seems to be invalid - it does not exist in our system.

Could you please check whether it is correct against your product and get back to me with a correct one?

Thank you.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #196 on: December 02, 2019, 11:24:54 AM »
@Stellarman,
Isn't there an easy way for the user to do this cancellation on their own?
I second that, it shouldn't be so hard to cancel a (trial) subscription. Cheers

Hi,

I definitely agree with you here, however the cancellation process is not ideal at the moment as the primary way how to cancel the subscription is via the confirmation email where is a link to do that.
But there are cases when someone types in a wrong email address during the purchase process and then he/she never receives the confirmation email and thus they are not able to cancel the subscription.

I am trying to convince our sales team to include this option directly into the product to make it easier for the users and also prevent such cases as described above but it will be most likely a long journey to get there.
In the meantime I am trying to do my best to help people here on the forum as I know about the potential flaw in the process.

Regards!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #197 on: December 02, 2019, 11:38:29 AM »
1. I am trying to convince our sales team to include this option directly into the product to make it easier for the users and also prevent such cases as described above but it will be most likely a long journey to get there.
2. In the meantime I am trying to do my best to help people here on the forum as I know about the potential flaw in the process.
1. That certainly would help.
2. Yes, don't get me/us wrong - you're doing a great job..!! :)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #198 on: December 02, 2019, 02:19:00 PM »
@Stellarman,
My request was not only to make things easier for the customer
but also a request to help alleviate all this work you currently have to do.
Till this is fixed, please keep up the good work. Thanks
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline Nikola54

« Reply #199 on: December 08, 2019, 09:54:13 AM »
I thought I am being scammed, but it seems I`ve been wrong. Congratulations for the good support. Can I also ask you to cancel all my subscriptions, since Avast says I don't have any. Thank you.

Antivirus FW6YLV-BECVY2-4NU7JN

Hi,

according to the license you have provided all I can see is "Avast Free Antivirus" associated with it.
There are not any other products so if you have them installed they most likely use a different license from this one.

Could you please check that and get back with the additional licenses you would like to cancel?

Thank you.

I`m sorry, its the Cleanup I want to cancel
F2QXSX-Q4Q9S2-4849ZE

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #200 on: December 09, 2019, 10:53:01 AM »
I thought I am being scammed, but it seems I`ve been wrong. Congratulations for the good support. Can I also ask you to cancel all my subscriptions, since Avast says I don't have any. Thank you.

Antivirus FW6YLV-BECVY2-4NU7JN

Hi,

according to the license you have provided all I can see is "Avast Free Antivirus" associated with it.
There are not any other products so if you have them installed they most likely use a different license from this one.

Could you please check that and get back with the additional licenses you would like to cancel?

Thank you.

I`m sorry, its the Cleanup I want to cancel
F2QXSX-Q4Q9S2-4849ZE

Hi,

I just cancelled your subscription.

The trial period is still valid until December 31 so you can still enjoy our product until then.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Offline Prajnita

« Reply #201 on: December 10, 2019, 09:10:39 AM »
Hi,

Could you please cancel my free trialand let me know the status on it. I couldn't find the way to unsubscribe it like others.
My License id is 3FVQ3Y-43U9G2-45L97A

Thanks is advance.

Regards,
Prajnita.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #202 on: December 10, 2019, 09:54:19 AM »
Hi,

Could you please cancel my free trialand let me know the status on it. I couldn't find the way to unsubscribe it like others.
My License id is 3FVQ3Y-43U9G2-45L97A

Thanks is advance.

Regards,
Prajnita.

Hi,
I can see that it is already cancelled.

Offline martin.huzvar

« Reply #203 on: December 16, 2019, 04:42:01 PM »
Hello,

I am also unable to cancel my subscription, please cancel it - QQZKCY-QJ6U42-4949QJ.

Thank you.

Martin

Offline RubyMoon

« Reply #204 on: December 17, 2019, 06:55:23 AM »
Hello,
          I would like to cancel the free trial of the avast cleanup premium. The subscription is W5M8B6-VBJGCJ-46U936. Thank you

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #205 on: December 17, 2019, 09:15:42 AM »
Hello,

I am also unable to cancel my subscription, please cancel it - QQZKCY-QJ6U42-4949QJ.

Thank you.

Martin

Hi,

your subscription has already been cancelled yesterday.

The trial period is still valid until January 4 2020 so you can still enjoy our product until then.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #206 on: December 17, 2019, 09:16:51 AM »
Hello,
          I would like to cancel the free trial of the avast cleanup premium. The subscription is W5M8B6-VBJGCJ-46U936. Thank you

Hi,

I just cancelled your subscription.

The trial period is still valid until December 26 so you can still enjoy our product until then.

Offline gdarullo

« Reply #207 on: December 28, 2019, 08:13:34 PM »
Hi avast,

Can you cancel also my Avast Cleanup trial subscription please.  I can't find any button to cancel and it doesn't also show in my subscription on the website. My subscription will expire in 6 days.
Here is my licence:  AVAST CLEANUP, LICENSE:  CMGMZ2-9CSQ22--47L9V2

Thanks.

Gildo

Offline Jeremy189

« Reply #208 on: December 29, 2019, 06:07:46 AM »
I'm glad I found this thread, because otherwise I might have been charged for this trial.

I have an Avast Cleanup Premium trial I would like to cancel - License: 2NMFA6-S6P9Y2-49U9YJ

And I agree with everyone else, the fact I have to search Google and scour the internet to figure out how to cancel this damn thing is ridiculous, and manipulative. I won't be using Avast anymore due to this experience, and will be advising my peers to avoid it as well.

If your company has to be corrected for the most obvious of options, they planned it to be like this, and I won't encourage this behavior with my business.

But thank you to the employees responding and canceling these trials so quickly, you guys are the REAL MVPs :)

Offline Em20

Re: Unable to cancel Avast Cleanup Premium free trial
« Reply #209 on: December 29, 2019, 12:44:56 PM »
Hi,
Im trying to cancel the auto-renewal for the avast premium clean up trial I would like it to be cancelled before I am charged for the whole year
License 97MM24-C8TVE2-4F49DS
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 12:53:25 PM by Em20 »