Author Topic: Avast Web Shield Adblock/Adblock Plus false positive  (Read 3411 times)

REDACTED

Avast Web Shield Adblock/Adblock Plus false positive
« on: April 13, 2018, 12:04:54 AM »
I'm getting a Threat Detected Sound whenever I visit some websites in Chrome, but no notification or anything from within the Avast UI appears.  According to the logs, i see the following.  It appears that Avast is detecting a trojan from within the adblock javascript when it is activated.  could this be a false positive?  I've done a full scan using Avast, Malware Bytes Antimalware and SuperAntiSpyware and found nothing.  This is in Windows 10 64bit.

the website i visit is: hxxps://www.gundamkitscollection[.]com/

chrome-extension://cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb/include.preload.js [L] JS:Downloader-FHO [Trj] (0) - this looks like the javascript for AdblockPlus extension for Chrome

chrome-extension://gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom/adblock-bandaids.js [L] JS:Downloader-FHO [Trj] (0) - this looks like the javascript for Adblock extension for Chrome
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 03:01:06 PM by HonzaZ »

Offline jefferson sant

• Starting Graphoman
  • volunteer
Re: Avast Web Shield Adblock/Adblock Plus false positive
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 12:49:50 AM »
Hi.

I do use adblock just in Firefox.

Avast blocked that is loaded at the bottom of the page which by the way is false positive.

https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/9a880ad9ee368c49ea30b0cbde70131318cb3a45b47ec1afd434db826407c0c7/detection

Use the link to report this

https://www.avast.com/false-positive-file-form.php

See attached.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 01:08:44 AM »
Thank you for confirming my suspicion that it was a false positive.  I will report this as a suspected false positive.

Offline jefferson sant

• Starting Graphoman
  • volunteer
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 03:22:27 AM »
Thank you for confirming my suspicion that it was a false positive.  I will report this as a suspected false positive.

You're welcome.I now confirm that this is true False positive
JS:Downloader-FHO [Trj] is in accused in bloggers that widgets.js using the platform blogspot.

Reported for Virus Lab ~
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 04:28:10 AM by jefferson sant »

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 11:53:34 AM »
Hello,
thank you for notice. FP will be fixed.

Milos