Author Topic: I think my Avast.com account was hacked  (Read 2559 times)

REDACTED

I think my Avast.com account was hacked
« on: April 13, 2018, 12:57:28 PM »
I am not sure what to do about this. I am aware of the data leak that occurred here on Avast.com a few years back, and my account details appear to have been leaked too. A few days ago I got a password reset request for another website where I used the same email address. I haven't used Avast.com or that other website in years. I don't know if I ever changed the passwords, but when I logged in to Avast.com for the first time in many years, I discovered a device with hardware that I have never used. I immediately removed the device and deleted the account.

I just wanted to let someone know so that this can be fixed. If this is the result of said hack, I am curious to know why the Avast company didn't require a mandatory password reset on all accounts? I would like to think that a company that provides security would be proactive in preventing further data leaks.

Edit: I am using a newer email address for this account.

REDACTED

Re: I think my Avast.com account was hacked
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 10:56:48 PM »
The same thing seems to have happened to me.  All of a sudden i am being inundated with Spam.  Not sure what to do. 
I cannot start using a new email address as I have to much connected with the current one.
DO I just change my password with Avast?
I was never notified either.
Could someone from Avast please n notify me what to do.