Author Topic: AVAST EXCLUSIONS STILL DONT WORK  (Read 4541 times)

REDACTED

AVAST EXCLUSIONS STILL DONT WORK
« on: April 13, 2018, 06:46:34 PM »
Yes , I wrote it in caps for a reason, I am truly sick of this issue, its been going on since 2014 and STILL you don't fix it,.
I have excluded a directory in 'global setting - ' in file shield setting.,  and still this damn program wrecks my software.
I have used avast since it was 'Thunderbyte' and until you started dumbing down the interface to make it pretty and look like a *Tablet App* , have nearly always been able to bypass it,/ no fix your bad programming !,  now I am forced to disable 'Self Protect' as it dosn't like 'Process manager' a vastly superior task manager than that provided with windows ( and even when they dis-abled some of its best features. to try andd compromise. ), and now im also forced to dis-able avast completely so I can work, so tell me why do I even pay for this ??, im strongly thinking I wont pay for the next 3 years license.
My avast is set to scan on READ and scan on SAVE so why the heck are you scanning in the background and killing my apps.

I am one seriously upset user, for everyone else , Im sorry, and hope you never experience this frustration for yourselves.

REDACTED

Re: AVAST EXCLUSIONS STILL DONT WORK
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 07:06:43 PM »
addendum:

Process explorer ( not Process manager).
Yes I have windows search indexer enabled, so that's what reading the files , BUT the exclusion should still be valid.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 05:40:22 AM »
- Which Avast..?
- Which version..?
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 04:38:09 PM »
Also, which Console are you using?