Author Topic: Urgently HELP needed. Passwords won't connect to any browser. HILFE!!  (Read 3311 times)

REDACTED

Passwords don't connect to Firefox or Chrome anymore. Though I need it. Can't remember all of my PWs -of course- and relied on Avast PW which now leaves me fucked up. If there is no solution which is useable without having a masters degree in IT I won't rely on avast products anymore in the future

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
Re: Urgently HELP needed. Passwords won't connect to any browser. HILFE!!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 01:38:39 PM »
Not sure what you mean by passwords not connecting to browser. What the extension says (error message shown on click on extension icon in the browser toolbar)? If it says it is not activated or wrong communication key then go to Avast -> Settings -> Passwords and reinstall extension in browser integration section, it should resolve your issue, if the error is different please post it here so I can suggest proper treatment for your case.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 02:38:35 PM »
The Add-on Avast Passwords does not connect to browser. It asks for installation but it is installed. Tried to do the settings. Did not work. Deactivated  and activated but it also did not work. Can't export the passwords I need to chrome or firefox, because the Add-on is not connected. Deinstallation would cause loss of all my passwords which is totally unacceptable.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 02:43:29 PM »
PS I don't get to a re-installation window where you just install the Add-on new. The add-on seems to have fucked up totally about that.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 02:51:04 PM »
please excuse my poor tech-english. I'm from Germany

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2018, 03:45:59 PM »
discovered now, that SmartScan does not seem to work properly either. When 41 % is reached it won't continue. It stops in the middle of the Browser Add-on Section and you can't get out of it. Maybe it has something to do with the above described problem
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 04:12:45 PM by alauer »

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 05:03:56 PM »
Can you believe that? After the at least 10th time of restarting the Computer it now seems to work again. But I still would like to know what caused it. Will try the Scan again. Hopefully it will work too again.

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 11:08:15 AM »
To me it seems your browser profile was somehow corrupted and that may cause issues with our extension and most likely with browser addon check in smart scan. I hope that all is now fixed and will work for you. Just few notes. Your passwords stored with avast passwords are kept in separate storage not connected to the browser so you can remove the extension, reinstall it and you can even uninstall avast the passwords storage is still there. Only way how to remove it is going to Avast Passwords setting within main Avast window, lock the storage a remove it.
You can export passwords any time to any supported format you don't have to have target browser installed nor extension in it.